1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen references to these in discussions of custom 1911's, but can't figure out what they are.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,285 Posts
It's narrowing the last inch of the slide, mimicking the contours of the Browning Hi-Power.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Grunt said:
It's also a good way to get rid of front cocking serrations
That's my next mod, I machined them onto my slide and now don't care for them...:dope:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
"It's also a good way to get rid of front cocking serrations"

Bravo! For both the front HP Cuts and getting rid of front serrations on 1911's.

Bought a fairly nice used '70 Series, 9mm Combat Comm. that the previous owner had serrations milled in the front, full width ones to boot!

Not only did they ruin the lines of a "classic" pistol, they don't even match the original Colt vertical rear serrations well at all.

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Filedout - One company that's known for doing these is Pistol Dynamics. You might want to take a look at some of the photos of their work at http://www.pistoldynamics.com/

Also, I had a photo of a 10mm Vic Tibbets did that has this front treatment, and it had a little something even more interesting - memory suggests to me that the narrowed contour didn't continue all the way to the front, but came back out at the muzzle. Don't know where I saw the photo.

Best,
Jon

·
Premium Member
15,651 Posts
BigJon said:
Filedout - One company that's known for doing these is Pistol Dynamics. You might want to take a look at some of the photos of their work at http://www.pistoldynamics.com/

Also, I had a photo of a 10mm Vic Tibbets did that has this front treatment, and it had a little something even more interesting - memory suggests to me that the narrowed contour didn't continue all the way to the front, but came back out at the muzzle. Don't know where I saw the photo.

Best,
Jon
Pretty stuff, but I just cannot take a liking to the 'ball cut' that so many custom guys are doing.

·
Registered
210 Posts

I like the ball cut and highpower cut with the STI frame. With single stacks I really like the ball cuts unless the pistol has front cocking serrations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts