1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a load that shoots waaay better than it should in my FN Hi Power. Got the trigger around 3 lbs, about a pound more than I'd like. I really want to shoot it in a few non-record matches this year, BUT here's my problem:
The trigger is too curved for my finger. Just cant get comfy with it. Must be all the 1911 shooting. Anyhow, do you think it's possible to heat the trigger and straighten it out a bit? If this will work it would need to be trimmed in length a bit also, and re polished.
I got my torch ready and just waiting for some input. Thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Deffinatly possible to heat the trigger and straighten. Also is possible to screw it up too so you better be prepared. If you do not have experience with small metal parts you may want to contact Cylinder and Slide as the do some pretty good HP work I've heard.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, Golfer. I know what you mean about screwin' it up. I'm a pretty decent basement tinkerer, but I'm hoping to find a spare factory trigger to "practice" on. I have a C&S wide trigger that I'm gonna try to trade.
Figure I'll just heat er up and use a small clamp to make the bend. Then cut off what I have to, dress it up with a file and stone, then cold blue. Might work.....or not.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
FWIW;
I wouldn't be afraid to do what you propose, if I had a replacement trigger at hand. I would quench the part in oil after heating however.
Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Good luck Mike, let us know how it goes. I have a HP I want to work on as well so you experience will be very useful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts