1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Hello. A request was made for a sticky thread for folks to post pictures of their Hi Powers. Have at it. Keep in mind that the request for this thread was one for folks JUST to post pictures and describe them. It is NOT a place for arguments or airing differences of opinions. Take that to PM's or start other threads but within the rules here at the 1911 Forum.

Best.

·
Registered
92 Posts
still working on getting photo right. Photographing guns is relatively hard! Anyway, sorry, but here is one more I took outside for better light.

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
This is my World War II Nazi Germany High Power. As best I can tell, it was manufactured at the Fabrique Nationiale plant in Herstal, Belgium. Here are a few pictures. I'm not a photographer:biglaugh:

The gun reflects the poor quality of the Nazi made guns. They were probably making them in huge quanities. One of the pictures shows the nazi proofmarks on the slide and the frame. Notice that they stamped the serial numbers above each other on the slide, frame and barrel. The gun has the original wood grips and the original hi-cap (13 round) aluminum magizine.

Just a neat piece of history.

dj

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
My only Browning Hi-Power

This is the only Hi-Power I've gotten so far. But like all of my Browning guns, I really love it. Purchased a couple of years ago, new.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Silver Chrome

Howdy,

Here is my silver-chrome. Is was produced just before they switched to the Mark II

The original barrel was missing when I bought it so I put a Barsto in it.
I had both the rear adjustable sight and the front sight blackened.

I have a C&S safety that needs to be put on then I'm done.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've had this FEG Hi-Power for about 6 years. Had a beavertail installed and the gun parkerized. Just added the Detective conversion kit from FM. Not sure how it's going to shoot but I like the way it looks

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
"T" Series..

Just learning how these new cameras work..
My T series, engraved by Jim Riggs, hard chrome finish..it`s a shooter..

·
Registered
274 Posts
My FN SFS Hi Powers

Pics of the Browning Twins with little stepbrother Pietro Browning:

1 - 20 of 483 Posts