1911Forum banner

461 - 480 of 483 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
My Browning Hi Power, purchased in 2017 when it was announced they were to be discontinued. I like two-tone pistols (below are some 1911's) and I had planned to send it to someone to have the lower frame chromed. However, the bluing is so deep and rich I decided to leave it alone. It reminds me of my first handgun I got in 1971, a S&W Model 18 that has beautiful bluing. I am sooo tried of all the painted, dull finished handguns available today.

Attachments

Reactions: Rock185

·
Registered
51 Posts
It’s late 1939

and Hitler has annexed the Sudetenland and along with Stalin has invaded and partitioned Poland. Widespread war is immanent. You’re an MI6 - Britain’s Secret Intelligence Service - operative, posing in your country’s Istanbul embassy as the Cultural Attache. Istanbul, the Balkans and much of Europe is replete with Nazi spies, agent provocateurs and double agents .

Late in the afternoon you interview Katarzyna, an embassy "walk-in". She's a beautiful and brilliant Polish mathematician who using just a pencil and a sheet of foolscap has managed to break Germany’s unbreakable Enigma Code. Fleeing just ahead of the Nazi invasion she managed to make it to Istanbul with the help of the Romanian and Bulgarian anti-Fascist underground.

Katarzyna must be gotten safely to London . The only way is via the fabled Istanbul to Paris Orient Express and then from Paris on to London . Your sidearm - a recently purchased Fabrique Nationale P35 - later to be better known as the famed Browning Hi-Power. Its reliability and 13 rounds plus of 9mm Parabellum will safely guard you and Katarzyna on your perilous journey to safety.

You will not fail.

Hoppe's no.10

Disclaimer - This Hi-Power pictured here is obviously not period correct. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is mine - b series WWII version. It came to me through my father-in-law who got it from his cousin who brought it back after the war. Unfortunately, t was chrome plated at some point before my father-in-law received it. Before giving it to me he asked if it could be re-finished. Knowing the collector value was already gone, I found a gunsmith who was able to slow-etch the plating off and save the markings, then refinish it. I have both wood and bake-lite grips for it - the one's that were on it when I got it were for an Inglis. Years after I received it, we found an old file folder of my father-in-law's that had the original bring-back paperwork for it. The serial number they used incorrectly identified the "b" as a 6, and one lists it as a 7.65. So much for accuracy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2nd HP

Finally picked my T series that has been on layaway for awhile.
I used my Economic Stimulus check, not sure the government had this in mind when they thought it up. Beats putting it in my gas tank.
It was well worth using that check for that gorgeous work of art. I did the same thing. Just beautiful!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My very own Browning Hi Power or I believe they call this model the “Arcus” Hi Power.
I was making my usual gawking and drooling stop at the LGS when she looked at me and I her. Well let’s just say my suped up CZ75 P-01 Omega Tactical in which I installed the CGW #75700 Omega Kit and a whole bunch more things and so we broke it off and I walked out with a new girl. Though this girl will never go anywhere and have special plans for her. She was totally stock when i courted her and soon as I left with a box of FIOCCHI 115gr JHP & a couple 15rnd Mecgar magazines I went home to undress her, seen she hasn’t been abused and probably hardly used. Trigger pull was a bit on the heavy side so first change was delicately ripping out the magazine safety disconnect and re-assembled her. Started researching in-depth detailed into the BHP & history. This pistol was built to last and I immediately fell in love without even getting to 2nd base. The second change was getting her a new pair of (LOK grips) thin shoes. The pattern is called “Mayhem” with Zombie/Black coloring and added some purple liners (Watch your back Batman). I didn’t quite have a holster so for something that could be a temporary fix I went with Alien 👽 gear holsters IWB 3.5 Tuck (I believe). Totally impressed with the holster and all the extras you get + the Iron-Clad Guarantee with a 30-day drive and if I don’t like it I get my $ back plus a forever warranty & unlimited shell trades for the rest of my life. Now that’s worth the $50 any day of the week. I do plan on throwing in the SFS system and get that trigger like a crisp 3.5lbs and want extended & ambi everything. Definitely a match grade, threaded 9mm barrel, chamfered & crowned holes that the slide stop & trigger pins are and all pins dimpled, of course I want some Hienie straight-eight tritium sights, checkering 30LPI front strap & 40LPI on front of trigger guard and back-strap, the whole rear serrated to match the rear sight and top of the slide also serrated, front cocking serrations, extended beaver tail, all high grade springs & components that brings every molecule of performance out of her. Lastly Hard-Chrome the frame and nitrite treatment to the slide though I do like old school blue look; hell I may even case harden the frame and Hard chrome the slide. I know my list is longer than that but that’s about where I wanna go with it.... I mean her. (Jesus I need a girlfriend, lol)

E960BE2C-02E6-4B1F-8301-D30E329A121B.jpeg
6A0E2794-A932-41F5-9330-B23C2751755D.jpeg
BC9CBF38-77F7-412E-94A6-C85C8AD0CA26.jpeg
1A567DFC-839F-4E01-905D-C8157B79461C.jpeg
3143062C-5574-4901-AEE5-F3F3A1B35EB6.jpeg
574DAEED-9398-4DE8-8F7C-CC40E426E6FA.jpeg
26E7BA1A-64BF-45C6-A54A-CD84F61067B6.jpeg
1575D264-4135-45E2-A550-81AE3A5272A1.jpeg
F32350E5-3873-4E38-A980-7E62FFF0AC69.jpeg
F5D4D568-173B-48C4-8754-24E7D513BAF2.jpeg

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don Williams build MKII, C&S parts thru out, KKM Barrel, Spegal grips, Heinie night 8's, Ion Bond Diamond Black finish. [Unfired/unracked-probably going to sell it]

CustomP35sm.jpg
CustomP35Top.sm.jpg

461 - 480 of 483 Posts