1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've always been a fan of the Browning P-35, I'm glad I found this site with others that also appreciate the Browning.
I just bought this one, the custom 7" slide is machined out of one solid piece of steel, no welding at all.

·
Registered
146 Posts

This is my C series Hi Power from 1976 I tuned the trigger, removed the mag safety, beveled all the sharp edges , added Novak's, reshaped the safety, and finished her with a dark grey parkerizing and Navidrex grips.

·
Registered
825 Posts
This is my FN Hi-Power 9mm in a Horse Kramer Vertical Belt Scabbard. The grip has been stippled and pistol refinished by somebody else. I bobbed the hammer with a grinder. Probably shot close to 7.5k rounds through it with no problems.

kramer VBS.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
My BHP

I don't get here as often as I would like, but here is one of my two BHPs.
Sure do love this pistol.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Freshly refinished Argentine

Freshly back from a buddy whom parkerized this Argentine Hi-Power for me. Prior to refinishing it showed heavy holster wear, as it is now this is MUCH better. I have set of military style black plastic grips on order. In person the frame and slide are very nearly the same color. (The magazine was not refinished.)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
That's a sweet looking HP, but then again, I think all HP are sweet. My only issue is that my hands are big, but when I served in the IDF I came across an Israeli made BHP copy called the Kareen, the only difference between it and the BHP is that the Kareen was made with a built in beavertail allowing me to use one of my most favorite of all pistols.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Aussie BHP

Gday,
this is first of all an apology for the quality of the piccies.

In 2002-2003, there was major change in firearm laws in Australia, which involved a "Buyback". They paid very good money and I used it as an "old" for "new" sale....Enough said.

Anyway, I "traded in my last remaining BHP competition model, as well as a couple of alternate top ends I had.

One had a Bomar rear target Sight, and extended, serrated front sight on the barrel weight/front sight block. Shot very well.

One had Novak low mount rear and a dovetailed front sight with an almost "partridge" set up. This would feed anything.

Gone, gone, gone......

Enjoy the piccies...

Browning HP Competion 9mm cropped.jpg

Browning Slides-custom sml. croppedjpg.jpg

Cheers,

Aussie D

:rock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My FN/FM Hi Power..Buenos Aires police issue

New here! Just found this place via a Google search,and my god what a treat too see all of these beautiful hi powers and their proud owners..

I have some questions here on this FN hi power I picked this up at a local gun shop/Hardware store for 250.00 last year.

I had no idea what it was..Either did they I suspect I got a deal.I just pulled it out a few weeks back and had a blast at the range with it.
What is it guys anyone know as it has some wild markings...External Extractor?
The barrel has the same markings as the trigger area has..Theres a fish image on the barrel markings as well ?WTH?
Its stamped Div Interna Sec.

Wonder what its really worth as I feel I got one hell of a deal..It shoots like a dream and has become one of my favorite handguns to date! Its an FM refirb box says its Belgium made??Paper works states it at least 35 years old.
I have the original grips those are new one I just bought this week to dress it up a bit.I just cleaned and oiled it what an easy gun to field strip..I like this hi power more than my kimber,lol..Serious..
This pistol is one of my fav's to date!! I can see why there is such a following.

Shes an oldie with super low serial number as well did I strike gold,or lay a turd??

Whats it worth????????????????

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im just drooling on some of the hi powers on this thread holy hell.....Im proud to be in such company guys sweet weapons in almost every variation possible..IM gonna have to get a twin to my hi power soon as there is a gun show this upcoming weekend.:rock:Theres a pic attached is this what you speak of?
It would be cool if I could pin a date to this ole honey hi power Thankyou as any info is most appretiated as I dont know really Jack about this gun.

I was at the range today and put the hauge grips back on.I had no issues what so ever cmae home broke it down in seconds cleaned and back together in 10 mins..I see now what everyone has been talking about when they mentioned a hi power..Man I had no idea till I bought one and shot it Im in freaking love...
I have several 45's however the browing places shot after shot right in the same group with little recoil ..Win win!!
:rock:

Attachments

61 - 80 of 468 Posts