1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the HGCA Gun Show in Reliant Center(formerly the Astrohall) in Houston TX today, and I think every other booth had a Hi-Power. I saw FN's, FEG's and Brownings, and they ranged from $550-$875 and even a really nice Inglis with most of the sticker still on the grip. that guy wanted $1150.00 but has room to "wiggle" on that price. There were two superbly engraved BHP's, one gold plated and the other blue, runing around the $2500 range. Man I am glad I bought mine when I did, especially for the prices they had on some of their guns. I have never seen so many Hi-Powers in one show either.

One guy was walking around holding a blue BHP, so I asked him what he had and what he wanted for it. It was a pretty rough looking Mark 2 and he wanted $600.00 for it, "No Less". Sheesh....used guns sales are like country property costs....wayyy inflated.

I was however able to pick up 4 new MecGar 15 round, flush fit mags at a reasonable price. Made the two hour trip worth while.

tex

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's pretty dry up here in MI. I've been to half dozen shows this past year and have only seen 3. One was a '94 2 tone practical (which I bought) one was a '82 MK II that I don't think has even been shot (which I bought) and one was some kind of military contract HP marked Bueno Aires PD 1961 and some other markings I couldn't understand, had a sloppy loose slide to frame fit, and has been poorly reparked, and had a dented magazine (which I didn't buy) other than that, nothing. If I see a HP power priced right, I usually snap it up.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
HP's are rarer than frog hair around here. :bawling:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Glad I got mine when I did, at the time garts always had 1-2 of them in stock. I paid $480.00 for my MKIII when they had their handguns marked 20%off.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a FN from CDNN when they were selling them for $400 18 months ago or so...:(

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Wow, what was wrong with it?
Not a thing. They were NIB FN Mk.III's in 9mm or .40S&W. They also had the SFS models.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
A year or two ago, they were in every gunshop here, now they are not around much either. I haven't seen one in a long time.

I asked the owner of one of the shops here if they had any HP's and he said nope, they are very slow movers. Funny, I know of at least 5 they've had that sold in the past few years, yet they still have the same AMT 9mm backup and Detonics .45 sitting in the case since last century.. :rolleyes:

He must think the same thing about Kahrs, because I own the only one they've ever gotten in to my knowledge.. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts