1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received a sales flier from cabela's it has the Hi standard 1911 on sale for $399.00 . Is this another import knockoff,I have not heard any input about this. wondering if it might be worth buying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As I understand it, the High Standard 1911 is the exact same as the Rock Island 1911. It just has High Standard instead of Rock Island Armory on the slide. I think DD's Ranch has them for around $350.

·
Registered
86 Posts
They are indeed made by Armscor, the same maker of the RIAs. My Rock Islands have been absolutely great. I just purchased a High Standard off gunbroker. It should be here next week. I really like the looks of the High Standard as the roll marks are relatively small and simple, like on a WWII era government model.

GHILLIE

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put a Kimber 22 cal conversion on my H/S. It runs 100% using CCI Mini-Mags. It required a "little" tweaking but I am pleased with the results. I still want to put new sights on my H/S slide but can't seem to get around to it. The conversion cost almost as much as the H/S......why did I do this?? Heck...I don't know

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just received a sales flier from cabela's it has the Hi standard 1911 on sale for $399.00 . Is this another import knockoff,I have not heard any input about this. wondering if it might be worth buying.

The Hi Standard is identical to the Rock Island Armory. It has different grips and roll marks, but is made in the same place by the same people. The parts are identical.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I just put a Kimber 22 cal conversion on my H/S. It runs 100% using CCI Mini-Mags. It required a "little" tweaking but I am pleased with the results. I still want to put new sights on my H/S slide but can't seem to get around to it. The conversion cost almost as much as the H/S......why did I do this?? Heck...I don't know
Cause .22's are fun to shot and cheap? I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my .38 super, new ammo's going up to 20-24 a box. old stuff sitting on the shelf is still more than 9mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts