1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed these little fiberobtic rods being used on the front sights of some handguns and like them alot, I want to put them on three 1911s I have as welll as a Ruger MK11. Anyone have opinions about them concerning overall quality, usefullness, and ease of fitting? Seems it would help with target aquistion, especially during IDPA.

Thanks guys, website below if you're curious

Gunslinger

https://tp-commerce.techpro.com/hivizsights/shopdisplaycategories.asp

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I'll answer my own question here as I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. I have to say that these are probably one of the most cost effective improvements I have added. Took about 15 min to install and the sight picture is awesome. Much brighter than Trigicon in normal light (obviously the trigicons rule in extreme low light), and at about 1/4 the cost. If you have not checked them out, I would highly recomend it. Sight aquisition, and target contrast is amazing. Just passing along my impression.

Gunslinger

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Ah, but they don't work well in the dark and you can't really change them out with other sights in any sort of readily available manner. If you just have a completition gun you want to use, great. I know skeet guys who love thems on their shotguns, but run trijicons for self protection gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts