1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
High Capacity Magazines for the P-14?

Considering getting a P-14-45 but want the wide body. Can anyone help with locating good high capacity magazines for the gun? Also any thoughts would be helpful. Thank You. Michael and Jane :biglaugh:

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Well, the P14-45 is a double stack (wide-body) pistol.

I believe that Para is including coupons for hi-caps with every new pistol (if it's legal to own in your state).

·
Registered
363 Posts
As shane said, a new P1445 should come with a coupon for 2 "standard capacity" mags for $99. It took mine about 5 weeks to arrive. I recently ordered another one from www.natchezss.com for $50, delivery in less than one week. All 3 are entirely dependable and easy to fully load by hand. The MecGars work fine in mine, if you are interested in 10-rounders, for @ $16 each, www.arizonagunrunner.net.

·
Banned
277 Posts
CLIPS: improper term derived from ignorant screenplay writers or the priper term for the amunition carrier on certain rifles.

MAGAZINE: The proper term for detachable ammunition boxes in auto/semi-auto pistols and rifles.

High Capacity Mags (HI-CAPS): Term originally intended to describe a staggered magazine design. Since the 94 crime bill it bears the taint of liberal gun-grabbers. Now it hearkens back to some mythical full-auto urban death machine that only fires stray bullets at children.

Full Capacity Mags: Our new politically correct term. Hey, minorities get miffed at ignorant preconceptions associated with old terminolgy... well so do we! This term not only serves to dispel the myth that these magazines are only useful to homicidal workplace/schoolyard shooters, It serves as a reminder that any other capacity (than FULL) staggered magazine is merely an improperly engineered magazine created to comply with an unconstitutional law. It is also a metaphor for the gun-grabbers draining the life blood from the Second Amendment

Now that the terminology police lecture has concluded...

Welcome! Remember, mags/clips may be a harmless enough little jest, but there are seriously thousands of people AKA "voters" who are terminally ignorant of the facts. Some of us go overboard to stem the tide of ignorance so that we can promote better informed, safer, & happier shooters out there. We may not change popular opinion, but we can at least police our own.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Mecgars work great in my P-14, should yours too and much less expensive than Para's

·
Banned
7,483 Posts
Pulp --

The easier more accurate defination is that a clip is a device used to charge a magazine.

Magazines need not be detachable in either rifles or pistols. Few modern pistols have fixed magazines. But, my Mauser broomhandle's fixed magazine is clip loaded.

In addition a detachable magazine is a qualifying device for a firearm to be a dreaded "semiautomatic assault weapon" under the 1994 Crime Bill. If the magazine doesn't detach it's not covered under this law.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You

Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. A special thanks to Chuck for spending the time via E-Mail to discuss the pro's and con's for what I am trying to do. I did change the topic to be "magazines". I agree that magazines are something that I read. Let's all wish for the best that the "Brady Junk Bill" goes down the drain this year. My terminology. Thanks again, Michael:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts