1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here own one of the new 1911 clones made by High Standard?

I examined a couple of High Standards a few weeks ago and they seemed well made, though of course these were display samples so they might have been cherry-picked. The triggers were surprisingly nice. I'm not sure about the steel used in the slides and frames, though -- the website ( http://www.highstandard.com ) doesn't say anything about forging and the factory rep was evasive when I asked him who the source was.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Matt, i just ordered a new commander size in 9mm from HI-STD(couldn't get a 9 in 4.25 " from anyone else). i didn't ask about the frame but the slide will be a colt. i did a little home work and talked to ALAN at HI-STD and i think i'm going to get a good pistol. i'll shoot 400-500rds. and then probably send it to EGW and let George do what he thinks is nessary.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
High Standard is using Colt slides? That's interesting.

The web site doesn't show a 9x19mm model. Are you getting some sort of custom job?

·
Registered
541 Posts
YES, it's a custom shop pistol. I just e-mail makers untill i found one that would build what i wanted in 9mm

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi-Standard 1911

Hi-Standard 1911A1 GI pistols are made in the Phillipines by Armscor ( same as RIA). Hi-Standard also has custom 1911 for mucho dinero, a completely different animal. I have the GI model, it came with spent rounds from the Phillipines. Blackdragon (Ivan) is the Armscor US rep. He can supply any info on Armscor products and repair them. He's a great guy and helpful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts