1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hillary Clinton seems to be attempting to reshape her image so she looks less rabidly opposed to private ownership of firearms. It might help to remember that her husband is ultimately responsible for the failed "assault weapons ban," the Brady checks people endure when attempting to purchase a firearm, and other gun control measures--and that Hillary Clinton favored them all. So here's a photograph of her on Sunday, May 14, 2000, after hosting the Million Mom March in The White House.

http://www.hillary.org/hillary/hill.million.mom.jpg

·
Registered
589 Posts
That photo in the first post is pretty obviously politically motivated. Not your average snapshot. Let's see now, can we put the balloons more conspicuously? We'll probably see that photo again when she runs for office.

Hankster

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
hankster said:
That photo in the first post is pretty obviously politically motivated. Not your average snapshot. Let's see now, can we put the balloons more conspicuously? We'll probably see that photo again when she runs for office.

Hankster

Politically motivated photo? It's either a real photo of her with MMM or it's not. Simple.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
ssr said:
Politically motivated photo? It's either a real photo of her with MMM or it's not. Simple.
I do not believe that Hankster is questioning the authenticity of the photograph. If he did mean that I'm sure he will say so.

If you doubt that the photograph is authentic you might change your mind if you listen to an extract from what Mrs. Clinton's said in her speech when the photgraph was taken.

Perhaps you might also want a brief refresher on attitudes towards guns in May 2000. Here's a link to the CNN.com archives so you can see what the situation was before George W. Bush was elected President and the Republican Party began the climb to the 2004 elections: http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/05/15/million.moms/

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bumm said:
A quote from that day from the BBC news...

"We've come here in the name of the children we love, the children we have lost, the children we want to save," said First Lady Hillary Clinton.

Marty
Yes. Many people see to forget what the situation was like just a few years ago, in 2000, only months before the first term of George W. Bush. They want what they want now even if it means losing what they have now. I sometimes think that Bush and the Republican Party have more to fear from those who should be their biggest supporters than from those who are their greatest enemies.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hankster said:
I wasn't questioning the authenticity of the photo. I was pointing out that it's obviously a politically motivated pose.

Exactly.

Hankster
Thanks for clarifying. That's why I posted the photograph, because it shows Mrs. Clinton making a clear and undeniable political statement that's worth remembering.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
MAGICMANIA said:
I will be frightened if she makes it to the WHITEHOUSE I think that would be a BIG sign the end of the world is near.I just realized its late and I am going to sleep soon,I feel some nightmares coming. :D
Though always a concern, the results of a recent poll sponsored by the DNC indicate that Billary is running way back in the pack amoung Democrats behind Carey & of all people Al Gore. Gore in fact was favored by over 40%. :scratch:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.