1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend, and instructor, is packing up and moving to FL in 2 weeks. He's trying to clear out most his supplies.

I am now set for a long while.
3lbs of powder
6,000 cartridges - 380, 9 ,45
5,000 primers large and small pistol
Lead
3,000 22Long Rifle

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you need some help in getting rid of some of that 'Mother Load' please let me know! :)

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
I'd love to find 3k .22 l.r.; however, I have tens of thousands of bullets and primers and a couple-hundred pounds of powder. ;)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I'd love to find 3k .22 l.r.; however, I have tens of thousands of bullets and primers and a couple-hundred pounds of powder. ;)
Walter, I'm not as far along as you are but I buy powder every time I can find it. I don't wipe out the shelf but I have about 50 lbs now. Who knows what will happen the next election.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you got the load, but i'm jealous of him and his escape from this crappy UNconstitution state.
I can't disagree with you.
I have one foot in North Carolina. We're pretty close to declaring residency down there.

CT is going down the tubesreal fast

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
What I don't understand is not moving ammo and reloading supplies. I there a problem?

Shoot more worry less,

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What I don't understand is not moving ammo and reloading supplies. I there a problem?

Shoot more worry less,
1- He's moving from a house with basement to a smaller place with no basement. No room to store everything, and I mean everything.

2- He's taking a press and reducing the number of calibers.

3- His health is not great and he can't shoot as much as he has in the past and the larger calibers are harder to tolerate.

the wear and tear of aging are taking their toll.
But he is stil a great shot.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Well I'm still young for so many decades behind me, but I understand exactly what EJC is saying about his friend/trainer. You have to make tough choices when you make major changes in your life. You can always rebuild your reloading equipment. You only have so many hours to pack and move. You only have so many square feet of basement to fill up. You only have keep just the equipment you need so you can make the most quality you can make. I understand that now, I didn't when I was young.

So EJC gets the benefit. More power to ya. Don't sell off anything, use it or trade it. Your friend needs to know you'll get the most from what he leaves behind. That's the way it works.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm still young for so many decades behind me, but I understand exactly what EJC is saying about his friend/trainer. You have to make tough choices when you make major changes in your life. You can always rebuild your reloading equipment. You only have so many hours to pack and move. You only have so many square feet of basement to fill up. You only have keep just the equipment you need so you can make the most quality you can make. I understand that now, I didn't when I was young.

So EJC gets the benefit. More power to ya. Don't sell off anything, use it or trade it. Your friend needs to know you'll get the most from what he leaves behind. That's the way it works.
Unfortunately, life takes it's toll. We're the same age, just a couple days apart, so it hurts watching what is happening to him.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Last year a good shooting buddy gave me a mother load when he decided to seriously clean out his shops after flood damage. Most of it sealed up in GI ammo boxes. Primers, old powders, some open and some sealed, bullets, a ton of brass and loaded .45. The best was a dillon 550. The .30 cal mil ammo got wet and was corroded so I pulled the bullets and shot them in my blackout. I've shot his accurate .45 reloads, used up the S&W?? primers and a lb of Blue Dot. He just decided that he didn't want to bother to reload any more. Shooters are good people.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I can't disagree with you.
I have one foot in North Carolina. We're pretty close to declaring residency down there.

CT is going down the tubesreal fast

What part of NC????? I'm in Greensboro. PM me if you need some info on ranges and shooting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts