1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lusted for a Wilson CQB for the past several years. I have also become quite the HK fanatic - currently have a usp compact in 9mm and 45acp as well as the 50th anniv. usp compact. Here is the problem....my spouse decided to get me a pistol for our 10th anniv, and due to a quoted 6 week delay to get a CQB, she purchased an Expert in 40 (gun store guy told her they were "rare" and hardly any available in Kalifornia??). I have not ever considered an HK Expert since I do not shoot bullseye, but do find it's trigger almost too sweet to pass up.

So here's the question - do I keep the Expert or return it and get the CQB? What are the advantages on the Expert compared to other usp's?

TIA......

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I myself have not shot the Expert. However, I'm a total HK whore. Look on for details on the USP Expert. They are hard to get in CA. Heck they're hard to get anywhere, me thinks. Really I think it's personal preference. I'm afraid to touch one or else I'll be $1400 poorer.
http://www.hkpro.com/uspexpert.htm

[This message has been edited by Skunkabilly (edited 10-12-2001).]

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I am a real Wilson fan. However, I do like other types/makes of pistols. If you don't have a Wilson, I think that you will be completely satisfied with a CQB. They are just fantastic guns. There is a reason for the waiting for a Wilson. Get your own and you will find out what it is all about.

Best of luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey PoodleShooter,

I'm a 1911 guy and always will be, but I'm right in there whorin' with the HK's too. I have an Expert in .45 and absolutely love it. Anyway, here's how I see it. If my wife ever went to the trouble to actually pick out and purchase a pistol for me.. especially something as nice as the HK, there's no doubt I'd own it forever. I'd keep the HK, and just enjoy the h**l out if it, and just start saving up for the CQB. Like ShootinSpirit said, you got a keeper!!

mavrick

PS.. you can always start droppin' hints about what you'd like for Christmas..... hehehe

mavrick

·
Registered
195 Posts
No comparison.

Owning a Wilson is a totally different experience. Terry Peters has Kalifornia CQBs in stock, http://www.pt-partners.com he's the man to talk to when it comes to Wilson guns. I highly recommend him, having bought a CQB from him recently. BTW, you have mail

------------------
"That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad"

- Robert Browning -

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx to all those that replied.

I am going to keep the HK - I just had no idea what this gun was all about (and it's a pretty cool weapon when you get a bit of info on it). Besides, I do not believe in selling guns - I still have a P99 that I do not care for, but can't bring myself to sell the weapon. My dad told me - guns are just like any other tool, as they all have a purpose. I know I do not go selling my snap-on tools

So, looks like my wife and HK are both keepers, and the CQB remains on my "most wanted" list. Also thanx for recommending Terry Peters. I spoke to him about a CQB a few months ago - he was very helpful. My wife just did not know of him and went thru my favorite gun store. No big deal - I ended up with another fine weapon for my collection.

Thanx again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts