1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get more SL8 polimer magazines (other than HK) and if there are any larger cap mags available yet?

I know the SL8 is incompatible with it's military variant (single stack vs staggered) but I like it anyway.

·
Registered
320 Posts
To my knowledge there are no high-cap mags for the SL-8 since it was produced during the AW ban so 10 rounders are all your going to get, unless sombody tools up to make them, but there is a conversion kit that sombody makes that will allow you to use AR mags, but the name of the maker and the price eludes me. There is also a conversion kit to make a G-36 clone but that is really pricey, and I dont know if doing a conversion like that will detract from the value of the rifle or not since there were a small number of them produced. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, folks.

Thanks for the replies. I kinda thought that was the way it was but "nothing ventured...nothing gained" -Right?

Thanks for your answers nonetheless.

·
Registered
320 Posts
But for what it's worth, it's still a really kool looking rifle! btw how does it shoot? you never know I might just have to add one to the growing collection I've got going. :)

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How's it shoot...

Wraith, it shoots very nicely, thanks for asking. I especially like it for offhand (I think it's much better ergonomically than the AR variants). Nicely balanced, bull barrel, nice crown and the good ol' HK/FN gas action. Nice trigger too. Great varminter, got rid of my 17HMR. The 17 was very nice but with the HK I don't see the advantage out to 300 meters (about where I comfortably "varmint"). At 500 meters I think the 17 may have an edge but when I hit 'em with the .223, they are a tad more entertaining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.