1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try the soft rubber grips (not the wraparound) on their favorite 1911s? Opinions?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have both the wrap around and slip on from Hogue. The wrap around (with screws) is amazing. Perfect fit, feels great. The slip on I had on my Hi Power and it felt similar but didn't look as nice. Also, after a day of IDPA or whatever, the grip would rotate a little. No biggie, but you know. Replaced that one with a wraparound.

I don't think the slip on will work on a 1911 due to the grip safety...

You may be able to trim that part, but I would think it would make the grip less stable.

Best,

Coop

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Coop!

I'm not talking about the Glock Sock thingy, just those rubber replacement grips. They screw on in place of the original wood. I thought they'd wear better than the wood, and they'd look great on a stainless .45.

·
Registered
114 Posts
AllenTC2,

I have the Houge rubber slabs with palm swell on my stainless Springfield. I had a set with the fingergrooves, but found them a tad displeasing to the eye. IMHO the slabs are much better. I even prefer them to the coccobolo grips that came with my pistol.( I must be sick
) They seem to accentuate the novak sights and matte finish very well, heck they even look good with a S&A magwell. In fact, I think I'll go buy stock in Hogue right now!!
But all kidding aside, they are very comfortable on extended range days, I like them, and that's all that matters. I don't think you will be disapointed with a set.

catmath 1911

[This message has been edited by catmath 1911 (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Cat, you're not sick (though the smiley guy looks a little ill!) As far as appearances go, I thought the wood on stainless wouldn't go well with the black leather holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts