1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I talked with the good folks at Hogue grips regarding a set of stocks without the mainspring pin cutout. This cutout absolutely stinks on Officer sized frames. The cutout ends up strategically located to optimally blister my girly electrical engineer hand. Anyhoo, a fellow named John stated that he'd draw a set of S&A officer stocks, then apply the normal bevel to the bottom. No additional charge! Pretty cool, considering they already have great prices.

Byron

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
They really are a great bunch of guys with quality products aren't they? Ordered a set of their Walnut dbl. diamond grips for my Champion last week. I expect they'll be nothing but beautiful.

Mac

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mac,

Yes, they always have time for a customer. I had originally ordered smooth coco-bolo, then decided to go ahead with the checkering. An email received a reply the same day.

Cheap-ass me, I thought $25 extra was too much, then I realized the complete checkered stocks were still under $50 (or so). My original plan was to stipple the smooth stocks myself, but I can visualize the results. I'm sure I'd end up with a "woodpecker on coffee" effect, wasting a fine piece of wood.

Byron

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Had a UPS sticker on my door when I got home today... they'll be delivering my new walnut stocks tomorrow! My Surefire 6Z came the other day.

Taking the wife on vacation after work tomorrow - Memphis and Tunica. If I can just fit all our luggage in the cab of my Toyota 4X4 (aka "Man-cub") We'll stop by the Ducks Unlimited show on the way back.

Gun accessories, the world's best barbeque, gambling and an outdoors show -- could life BE any better than this?

Mac

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Where'd you get the Surefire from?

I'm shoppin'...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Went through Brownell's. A little expensive, but so far they've been really quick to deliver and it's one of the few places I can use my Amex.

Mac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts