1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who has had the idea of using a Holley carburetor Jet screwdriver to install/remove 1911 grip bushings? I haven't actually tried it, since I haven't had a reason other than this to own any tools for working on Holley carbs in a number of years, but since Holley jets and 1911 grip bushings share the need to bridge a gap with your screwdriver when turning them, which can easily result in fouling up either one, and Holley makes a tool that solves this problem, I figured it might just be thing to adapt for the purpose.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
TRB said:
Am I the only one who has had the idea of using a Holley carburetor Jet screwdriver to install/remove 1911 grip bushings? I haven't actually tried it, since I haven't had a reason other than this to own any tools for working on Holley carbs in a number of years, but since Holley jets and 1911 grip bushings share the need to bridge a gap with your screwdriver when turning them, which can easily result in fouling up either one, and Holley makes a tool that solves this problem, I figured it might just be thing to adapt for the purpose.
ok...well at least i wasnt going insane...when i read the title i thought to myself..."why is this guy talking about carbs???" tho you do raise an interesting point, have you tried it and does it work?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a Holley driver and if I remember the middle part was too wide to fit my bushings. No reason it couldn't be made to work though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts