1911Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,098 Posts
It has happened a couple times in my town---courtesy of gang bangers at play---one unfortunate individual was on the next block----the other was a child asleep in her crib.
Very tragic.
And this isn't uncommon in Los Angeles, either.
Apparently the FBI isn't concerned.

Nor should they be. As tragic as those incidents are, they are NOT examples of overpenetration. They are examples of dumbass gang scum spraying bullets in every direction that didn't hit their intended targets. Take down the gangbangers and that kind of crap won't happen.

·
Premium Member
8,651 Posts
And yet, communities sit idly by and allow this crap to fester.
There ARE ways to deal with this scum. Don’t even begin to tell me that local law enforcement doesn’t know who the bad guys are. They look them in the eyes every day, but their hands are tied.

·
Premium Member
6,098 Posts
And yet, communities sit idly by and allow this crap to fester.
There ARE ways to deal with this scum. Don’t even begin to tell me that local law enforcement doesn’t know who the bad guys are. They look them in the eyes every day, but their hands are tied.

That's it in a nutshell. We could eliminate the problem in a couple of days, nationwide. But, the people in charge don't have the backbone to do so because it would be a bloody, brutal, nasty business. All the bleeding hearts would be gnashing their teeth, rending their clothes, and wringing their hands. We'd have to bury a bunch of a thugs, criminals, and gang bangers, but so what? Rabid dogs get put down, or the disease spreads.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Nor should they be. As tragic as those incidents are, they are NOT examples of overpenetration. They are examples of dumbass gang scum spraying bullets in every direction that didn't hit their intended targets. Take down the gangbangers and that kind of crap won't happen.
These rounds had exited the perps before killing the bystanders.
Caliber wasn't reported by the news, nor if they were from a long gun or not
Plenty more examples of misses hitting bystander though, many, many more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why bother with hollow points or ball for defensive purposes? Someone mentioned Lehigh earlier, but I think Underwood is a slightly better buy. I carry Xtreme Defender +P in 9mm for personal carry and .45acp for home defense. I've seen some testing done with 9mm and it was highly impressive, so I doubt that .45 would suck for some odd reason.
I'm not quite sold on the Xtreme Defenders for high horsepower 10mm or heavy .45. I do use them in .32 and .380. I will also be switching over my 9mm SD ammo to the Xtreme Defender. Wish they made them in 9x18.

·
Premium Member
8,651 Posts
That's it in a nutshell. We could eliminate the problem in a couple of days, nationwide. But, the people in charge don't have the backbone to do so because it would be a bloody, brutal, nasty business. All the bleeding hearts would be gnashing their teeth, rending their clothes, and wringing their hands. We'd have to bury a bunch of a thugs, criminals, and gang bangers, but so what? Rabid dogs get put down, or the disease spreads.
Those same “bleeding hearts” would also be freeing jailed douche bags at the same rate the others were being “taken care of”. Soon, the streets would be free again and the jails would be empty. Penalties would be so high for violating the law that crime would be almost non existent. Work camps, hard labor, chain gangs.....ya get what you asked for. Inhumane you say?? Act like an animal, expect to be treated like one......then I woke up, it’ll never happen. Since 1985, the rate of incarceration has skyrocketed. When you think about it, just as many are getting out as are going in. The population of rats in our streets is out of hand. Time to call Rid A Pest!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The thought of RN going through and potentially hitting something behind is enough for me to not use RN except for plinking. I primarily keep HP for home defense, but hopes that I never have to use them.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts