1911Forum banner

Holster Considerations for Kimber TLE RL

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GoldStarKimber 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase a Kimber TLE RL (that's the one with the accessory rails). I am looking for holsters while I try and come up with the funds for the gun purchase so that I can order everything about the same time.

I am looking for an IWB and an OWB, preferably Kydex.

My question is...

Do the accessory rails on the Kimber require a special holster, or will any standard 1911 holster work?

#4 ·
Thanks...I thought that was going to be the case. Since this is my first 1911, it's really no big deal since I don't already have a drawer full of holsters for the 1911 that won't fit.

I do, however, have a drawer full of Glock holsters that won't fit! I guess that's what happens when you make such a drastic change! ;)

BTW...I want to thank everyone on this board for the information sharing. I see this is my second post here...but I have been lurking and learning for a while. I have been a Glock shooter for 10 years, exclusively. In the early 90s when I became a cop, it was trendy to have a Glock...and the .40 was taking off big in the Law Enforcement world. I jumped on the bandwagon...but have always admired the 1911. This year I have had a chance to shoot several, and liked it...but it wasn't until I handled the Kimber TLE that I made up my mind to give it a try. The added accessory rails sealed the deal, since I use gun mounted lights on my Glocks already.

#5 · (Edited)
Just an update....

so far, the only company that seems to have a holster for the TLE RL is Blade Tech. Everybody else has said that they do not have one...or they have never responded.

Hmmm....this is going to be tougher than I thought. I was really excited about "The Answer" but I won't be able to get one.

Might have to be Blade-Tech for IWB, OWB, and Duty. Not that I am against that...I just really like some of the other holster styles that I am familiar with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.