1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I happened upon nice little S&W model 696. I have never seen one like it before, it is an L frame, .44spl, five shot, with a three inch barrel. Anyone know of a craftsman who makes holsters for this gun? I'm sure it wasn't a high production item, but it needs good leather because it will be bumping my Para C7.45 right out of everyday carry status once I can get a holster made.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I currently have a belt slide from Safariland that is made for the L-Frame and my 696 rides OK in that. It is my intention to one day order a PMK from Milt Sparks holsters for the 696. It is one of the best on-the-belt concealment holsters for a revolver I've ever used.
What I would really like to find are speed loaders for the 696. Everybody says to use the HKS CH-44 but they don't fit (release) well. Oh well, since S&W refuses to keep any 44 Special in production I guess I'll have to wish in one hand and...well you get the idea.

PS: I highly recommend Blazer 200g Gold Dots as a carry load. They chronographed at 878 fps out of my 696.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For my 696 I use:

Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB

Tucker Texas Heritage IWB - comfortable because belt clips are wide spread, not over the cylinder; has a shirt-tucking feature which completely hides gun

Cabo IWB - rides very high, with cylinder above the belt for max comfort

El Paso Street Combat - simple, handsome, tough hip holster at a good price for leather

Dozens more custom builders will have other variations.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speed loaders for the 696.

I had a couple of the older HKS loaders on hand...the ones you mentioned for the Charter Arms Bulldog. They aren't as good as I would like for the 696 but I have not been able to find any others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts