1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the cutest little revolver at the gun show last week:D

Smith and wesson Model 36, 5 shot .38 special, 2" snubbie.

It's gonna be the back up to my back up gun.

Couple questions-

How to carry? It's almost small enough to fit in front pocket of baggy pants. I'm thinking in a waist pack? IWB?

What to carry it in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've been carrying my S&W 342 in a Bell Charter Oak DEEP COVER POCKET ROCKET for a few years now; fits in the front pocket of most Docker type pants, drops in the thigh pocket of BDUs or in my flight jacket's side pocket. I've found that this revolver is so small that a regular holster is almost not needed.

Check out the link below, a picture of the holster can be found on that page. I hope you find something accommodating for your 36.

http://bellcharteroakholsters.com/demon3.html

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Kramer also makes an excellent pocket holster for the S&W J Frame. The last I recall, Dillon listed them in their catalog.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If you care how your pants look...try the uncle mike's iwb clip on for around 7 bucks...inside the pant or between the belt and pants....great deal...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I carry my 642 (alloy J-frame) in a Rosen "Workman," the tuckable IWB holster. Gorgeous little holster, but the profile is thicker than I'd prefer, and I'm simply not using it for tucking my shirt in. (Just can't seem to get comfortable with the concept.)

This being said, I'd personally look into a Versa Max-2 from Milt Sparks for a J-frame, as that holster's design really flattens out the profile and dramatically increases the comfort in my experience from carrying my Commander in one. A very nice holster, but you probably already know that from seeing the approx. 50,000 posts here stating the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts