1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at Milt Sparks 55-BN or a I-BAK Are there any other makers that offer a good holster of this type?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Take a look at the Kramer IWB #3. I like to wear the holster well behind my hip and the angle of this holster allows a more "pull forward" draw a opposed to drawing up. It is comfortable and VERY fast.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For OWB, I have been wearing a Alessi CQCS for my Colt Combat Commander for Concealed Carry and LOVE IT! It's secure, stable and comfortable. One of the things I like about the CQCS is that I can place the holster where I need on the belt regardless of where the belt loop was placed on my jeans. The wide platform serves to distribute the weight equally over a wider area and this makes it the most comfortable holster I've tried.

I use the CQCS and my Colt Commander in concealed carry type matches and it sure gives me confidence.

I have at least one Alessi holster for every gun I own (Talon Plus IWB, CQCS and DOJ) and have never had any disappointments... THEY WORK!

I recently got the good fortune to meet Lou in person and I will not meet a better gentlemen - he truly cares about his customers and his products! He's great to talk to - I learned a wealth of information just chatting with Lou for a couple of hours.

For IWB, I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special and it's as good as all that's said about it! I won a timer at an USPSA/IPSC match about five years ago... they awarded the timer to the person with the fastest time with two A hits on a 7-yard target from draw with the gun in "condition 3, hammer down". I used my Milt Sparks SS, drew, racked the slide and hit 2 A's on the target (with partial hard cover) in 2.21 seconds! Not bad considering that I was faster than all the shooters that day (even the ones wearing open front holsters)... I'm only stating this as a testament to the design of the Summer Special... I'm not a master class shooter but the holster inspires confidence.

Lou Alessi and Tony Kanaly of Milt Sparks Holsters are among the best Holstermakers there are IMO.

Regards,
ILoveMyColt

[This message has been edited by ILoveMyColt (edited 11-17-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ILoveMyColt (edited 11-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ILoveMyColt (edited 11-19-2001).]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Two holsters I have for my Kimber Compact are great. The Alessi/Burns GWH and the Milt Sparks Executive Companion. Both IWB holsters are extremely comfortable to wear.
Tim

·
Registered
303 Posts
Take a look at the Bianchi #3S Pistol Pocket. It is my holster of choice for both pistols and revolvers. High quality, affordable, and available!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts