1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question : When purchasing a Holster for the Patriot how is it classified?

Is it classified as a 1911 - Colt Commander Style - Etc?

or

Do you order custom? Most Manufacturers don't have the Patriot listed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Razor Ribbon - A holster for a Colt Government Model (5") will work just fine.
Check out the Holster threads if you have not yet already done so. There is a good bit of information there to help.

Regards

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MishMash

Thank you for the tip! I cruised through briefly but I didn't see anything.This is why I asked here. I also noticed the same issue with Les Baer, Nowlin, Caspian, etc. I know each of these are designed after a particular Colt Model but I was lost as to which ones.

·
Registered
47 Posts
A couple weeks ago we tried a PATRIOT in a BLADE-TECH holster designed for a 1911 and it would not fit due to the raised "rib" along the top of the slide. It did fit nicely in my FOBUS holster. Mal

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Re: blade-tech

I use a blade-tech holster with my patriot expert. It fits like a glove.

Larry

·
Registered
560 Posts
Razor

for competition right now i'm using a straight drop Blade-Tec with my Expert, and have just ordered the Offset drop holster from them also.. 1911 Government Model 5" is how they are described i do believe..

I don't carry the 45 so i can't tell you what to use for carry purposes..

Jeff.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Mal said:
A couple weeks ago we tried a PATRIOT in a BLADE-TECH holster designed for a 1911 and it would not fit due to the raised "rib" along the top of the slide.
But Patriot doesn't have a rib on top of the slide... I know my doesn't. :confused: And it fits in a regular 5" Government holster.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You know, the Dan Wesson gun we tried in the holster was one of those "experimental" jobs. I guess all PATRIOTS are not created equal! I should have been more specific. Mal

·
Registered
168 Posts
Razor Ribbon I'll throw this one out for you as well. I still can't decide exactly what to holster my Patriot in so I ordered a holster from Dillon Precision. I believe I have the "Master" model. I don't plan to carry the Patriot and I was looking for something to use at the range walking back and forth to change targets.

Some of the others have posted up ideas for you as well.

Out on the Holster and Accessories the Milt Sparks models get rave reviews. There are lots of styles available.

Have fun selecting a new home for your Patriot.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't have a Patriot

But for my Razorback my woods rig is an old army issue shoulder holster. Not the best, but it's got nostalgic value.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts