1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family asks what I want for X-mas, and my first response is always, "a gun". Since they for some reason do not want to support my crack like habit of buying guns I ask for a holster, and I get the, "how about a sweater?" response.

What am I doing wrong??????? I think my 1911's need some more quality holsters:grumble:

·
Registered
232 Posts
A. Cancel Xmas, buy yourself a new 1911, holster, sleeping bag. Have new pistol, you'll need the sleeping bag for when you get kicked out.

B. Buy holster, see if it prints with new sweater.

I suggest B.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Years ago, I got the idea that I really wanted a fishing boat. I told my wife I really wanted a motorcycle, which drew and immediate, "Are you crazy? I'm not going to let you kill yourself!" So after a few weeks of moping and begging, I finally said, "Well, since I can't have a motorcycle, how about a boat?" "Well, that sounds alot safer than a motorcycle.", she said.

Off I went to buy my bassboat and never told her the truth. It doesn't happen very often, but once in awhile I win one or two.

·
Premium Member
3,423 Posts
ddstanle said:
Years ago, I got the idea that I really wanted a fishing boat. I told my wife I really wanted a motorcycle, which drew and immediate, "Are you crazy? I'm not going to let you kill yourself!" So after a few weeks of moping and begging, I finally said, "Well, since I can't have a motorcycle, how about a boat?" "Well, that sounds alot safer than a motorcycle.", she said.

Off I went to buy my bassboat and never told her the truth. It doesn't happen very often, but once in awhile I win one or two.
I did the same exact thing with my wife and got a nice Jet Boat. They sure hate motorcycles don't they......Sam

·
Registered
171 Posts
be afraid when she says "yeah, sure...get a really fast motorcycle. um...honey...is your insurance premium paid up?"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep,
Ordered a complete rig :D from Black Hills Leather for my new 4" Kimber PC HD 11. Should be here the week before Christmas :biglaugh: .

Kodiakk

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I did the same exact thing with my wife and got a nice Jet Boat. They sure hate motorcycles don't they......Sam
Hmm, the wife and I both have bikes so that won't work! But, I want an ATV so maybe I can tell her I want a boat. :) With all the crazies on Lake Mead the ATV will be easy! Hahahahaha (evil laugh)

·
Registered
780 Posts
My wife told me not more than a year ago that she'd NEVER buy me a gun...

Guess what's under the tree right now??? Keep working on that family and they'll wise up.

GT

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm going to be a "trouble maker" get a new wife!;)
Two years ago Hubby recieved the following :

A) Two Sig Sauer P228 Semi Autos

B) 1 Ruger Mini 14 & Mini 30

C) An Omega Gold Chronograph for his Birthday/Fathers' Day gift

I enjoy getting my husband things he really wants. He's a gun enthusiast /shooter and L.E.O. Firearms Instructor this gives me plenty of options for gifts. I love to surprise him with a Custom Holster or Rifle he really wants or tools he's been eyeing! These are things he really appreciates and wouldn't ordinarily buy for himself.

True it can get expensive but look at it this way :

1) Shooting improves accuracy and relieves "stress"

2) Accuracy Counts when defending yourself and your family

3) Shooting is a "hobby" as well as a skill

4) Firearms are "Attractive Mistresses" that I'd rather have my husband spending "our" money on and leering at!

5) These "Mistresses" are a necessary "evil" to preserve our lives and exercise our Second Amendment Rights!

If things get "tough" at your place let us know we have two spare bedrooms and fellow shooters are always welcome!:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the moral support! :D

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have to purchase things on my own, so I got me an Alessi shoulder holster (thanks to rfholsters.com) This thing is SWEEEEEEET!

I also bought an sr15 m-4, so I guess I'll have to settle for a sweater or something like that for X-mas. Bah humbug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts