1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a custom holster made for a gun where there are no "dummy" guns available.
I'm willing to ship the gun itself to be used as the mold.

I need a duty style (jacket slot) style holster not concealment . Unfortunatly department regs require Clarino.

Anyone know of a custom maker who can help?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Clarino is the patent looking crap. I hate it but the department requires it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice safety practices

madecov said:
Yeah, Clarino is the patent looking crap. I hate it but the department requires it.
That crap violates both noise AND light discipline training. Whoever made that decision needs to be demoted, flogged, then sent back to the academy for the basic tactics training portion. Sheesh. I wear subdued everything; no shiny stuff, no squeaky stuff, no hat (I have a watch cap and a helmet to use as needed); none of that crap. I hate people who can't tell the difference between LE service and an honor guard on a parade ground, and have to wonder how the hell they got promoted. :grumble:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was elected.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That was my question too, what's the gun??
You would be suprised some of the obscure pistols they make dummy guns of, and I can't imagine it being that odd if they're letting you carry it on duty.
There are a few sources for dummy guns other than the ASP red guns that most are familiar with. And aside from my own extensive personal collection, I have two local gun shops that I work closely with so I may be able to get my hands on what you need and help you out. Let me know....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steyr M40A1

This is the newest version of the Steyr M40. The frame has changed just a bit. Slide is the same as the older version.

Steyr USA

Steyr USA is seeking folks to make quality holsters.

New style here.

Old version here

Safariland makes for the older version but it will not fit the new one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll see if I can get my hands on one. A local gun shop I deal with is very up-to-date on their inventory. I'm betting I'll have a harder time finding Clarino finished leather to use than I will getting a pistol. You can e-mail me at : [email protected] regarding the holster specs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Brian Hoffner will make custom clarino duty holsters in several designs. He is also local to you. I know several folks who have some of his stuff (I use his open top magazine pouches).

I don't have a direct phone number, but if you visit www.hoffners.com you can find some contact information that may get you started.

P.S. The FN BHP is really a keeper, thanks :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried Hoffner. His definition of jacket slot and mine seem a bit different.

I have his direct number and will speak with him this week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts