1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy holster for my Kimber 1911 and i want the Plastic molded type. I would like replys to what you have heard/found that works and doesnt work with these type holsters. I would prefer a reply from law enforcement professionals, or those who actually carry with this type of holster. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have been a professional in the LE world, retired. I use Fobus Holsters on a daily basis because they work.

The holster is secure, lightweight, and fast. Cost was not a concen but they are priced great, under $25 in most places, I've seen. According to the packaging-lifetime warranty on a $25 item, sounds like a deal to me.

I have them to fit most of my handguns, even my choice is a 1911 or a S&W99.

My next choice is Kydex from Blade-Tech. I've known the owner for many moons, since he started the shop. Good to deal with also own a number of BT's holsters for all my handguns.

Either way can't go wrong. If price is a concern the Fobus all the way.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can personally recommend Ky-Tac holsters from Elderton Custom. These are kydex hand molded around actual guns. If you go to www.skdtac.com they carry his wares.

If possible find people you know who use the different holsters (BladeTech, Ky-Tac, Talon Tactical, etc.) and look at them for yourself(How they're put together, features, etc.)....Good Luck

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi yzingerr,

Please feel free to ask us any questions regarding Ky-Tac gear. We are Dave's largest stocking dealer. By far the most popular or his designs is the Braveheart IWB, which is pictured below with a Kimber Compact.

Ky-Tac gear has been contracted by the specops units in the military and the federal govt., and more impressive is the fact that the same gear is used in competition shooting- both IDPA and USPSA. This past weekend at the IDPA Winter Nationals, the Ky-Tac Sooperhooper was used by a glock shooter to post the fastest times on nearly half of the stages. This gear is as practical as it is fast.

------------------
SKD Tactical Accessories
www.skdtac.com
Your source for hard-core, no-bs gear.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just my .02 worth. Give Fobus a try and move on if you feel the need to. The investment is minimal and low risk. I have a Fobus paddleback for my Glock 27, two Fobus belt slides for my 1911 and Sig Sauer 220, and a Fobus belt slide double mag pouch. I use all of these Fobus products as a police officer and competition shooter. Word is that Fobus will be highly represented at the Single Stack Classic. I see the "Fobus phenomenon" growing at local USPSA and IPSC matches.

I cannot report to the quality or value of other holsters previously mentioned. I am sure that they are all high quality products, as the quality of membership is in this great forum. I just know that I purchased all of my Fobus pieces for under $20.00 each.

Aside from the great value, my experience with Fobus products is that they are extremely durable, low maintenance, and lightning FAST!

good luck

·
Registered
103 Posts
My Ky-tac Braveheart IWB came in the mail yesterday.I can't believe how comfortable and fast this thing is.I wore it for about 6 hours with my P-12.It is molded perfectly for my gun.After putting a little Formula 2000 as suggested, i have a very fast and smooth draw.Can't wait to try it out in IDPA next month.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try a Fobus. It's inexpensive and if you don't like it - you can get something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts