1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an IWB holster to replace my bianchi allusion and am considering the DM Bullard dual carry and the milt sparks vm2. Can anyone offer any opinions on the 2? Particularly the dual carry as it relates to comfort, conceal ability, durability and re holstering? My firearm is a full size kimber custom carry wilsonized. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I use the sparks. I prefer iwb from Dwight. Just google dwightsleather. It is more comfortable than sparks.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can not comment on the Bullard IWB, although I do have one of his OWB, and really like it. As far as the Sparks go, they are hard to beat and find them extremely comfortable, I have a couple VM ll's and a Nexus, love them.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't own the DM Bullard but I've heard good things about it. I do own three VMIIs Full size 1911, Commander and Glock 19/32/32 and can tell you that the quality is first rate. The VMIIs are very comfortable and conceal well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses! Also if anyone has any other suggestions I would live to hear them as I really want to get the best option I can. I do wear my shirt tucked in a good bit so I know I need a tuckabke IWB holster. Does anyone know if the milt sparks nexus is tuckable? Keep the opinions comin!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I do wear my shirt tucked in a good bit so I know I need a tuckabke IWB holster. Does anyone know if the milt sparks nexus is tuckable? Keep the opinions comin!
The Nexus is an amazingly comfortable, high-quality holster, but it's not tuckable.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I think the Sparks is a little higher quality for the higher price, and longer wait.
My Bullard holsters are workhorse grade. Sparks might make best IWB available. JMO

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the Sparks is a little higher quality for the higher price, and longer wait.
My Bullard holsters are workhorse grade. Sparks might make best IWB available. JMO
don't mean to show my ignorance but what do you mena by workhorse grade?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had one of the DM Bullard IWB and one of the OWB for 5" 1911. The OWB is very good in my opinion as a range holster, but the IWB didn't fit me particularly well. The basic system in terms of clips and what not worked OK (easy on/off, stayed put on draws etc), so if it fit you it'd be OK.

I ended up with a TT Gunleather Mike's Special in place of the Bullard IWB. It's harder to get on an off, but fit better and concealed better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just looked at the TT gunleather and really like the holsters there as well! wow this is getting harder and harder to decide.. also would anyone recommend a good gun belt. and if i got a VMII would i need to order a gunbelt from sparks as well or would it work with a gunbelt from beltman..really like the belts there

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just talked to MS about the VMII and was impressed with the customer service there. so if anyone has anymore suggestions i'd love to hear em. really need help with a gunblet to. thanks for all the input so far! really helps to hear from more experienced folks.

·
Registered
996 Posts
just looked at the TT gunleather and really like the holsters there as well! wow this is getting harder and harder to decide.. also would anyone recommend a good gun belt. and if i got a VMII would i need to order a gunbelt from sparks as well or would it work with a gunbelt from beltman..really like the belts there
What you really need is a very big drawer to put all the holsters you HAD to have, wore a few times and the next best holsters came along. It's part of the rite gun owners go through and never grow out of.

My pick is the VMII, very good quality, comfortable, good for draw and reholstering.

Regarding belts, Beltman makes a very good belt. My VMII fits the Beltman belt, very tight fit however. Depending on how you carry and dress, you might want to consider an Instructor style belt. With this type belt you can get an exact fit because they adjust using Velcro, not holes. I always have some type of shirt untucked so my belt never shows. If you need a leather belt, Beltman is a good choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does anyone know it the TT gunleather reinforced "mikes special" is tuckable or can be made into a tuckable holster with kydex j clips?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the dual carry. Great quality and available as "in stock". However, I found that I didn't care for it IWB. Maybe it's just my build? That was the bad news. The good news is that I got to try it as an IWB and instead of selling it (or stuffing it in a drawer), I use it almost every day OWB. I don't have a MS, so I can not comment as a direct comparison.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The Nexus is an amazingly comfortable, high-quality holster, but it's not tuckable.
Actually, the Kydex clips that are availabe for the VM-2, will also work on the Nexus. The belt attachments are interchangable between the two.

Just thought I'd mention that..

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Actually, the Kydex clips that are availabe for the VM-2, will also work on the Nexus. The belt attachments are interchangable between the two.

Just thought I'd mention that..
I had no idea. I'm not a tucked shirt kind of guy unless I'm at work, and I can't carry there anyway, but that is still good to know. Thanks, Tony.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know it's tuff SRJ but I do carry tucked a good bit during the summer with a light polo, it's not easy but the round butt on my kimber makes it a little easier. In Mississippi it's hard to wear a jacket or best year round especially when it's 100 degrees. It's just good to have it as an option with the belt loops

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Didn't mean to post that many when I posted they kept saying unable to post then all of a sudden there's 3. Anyone know how to delete the others and I will??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts