1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have both a regular pattern Hi-Power and an Arcus 94 to see if the latter fits regular Hi-power holsters?

I'm taking the plunge on the Arcus in the next two weeks, and want to order the holster and mags first because they take longer to ship.

They look like they'll fit a regular Hi-Power holster, but I thought I'd ask those wiser and crazier than I first. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Arcus will not fit a holster made for the HP...different slide profile and bigger/squared trigger guard.The Fobus I have will take Browning,FN and my FEG PJK clone,but the Arcus 94 will only "start" to go in the holster,not even close.
I feel your pain,I have been trying to find a holster that genuinely fits my Arcus as well....so far,suggestions I have yet to follow up on are to try holsters made for full size Sigs and newer CZ 75's (not pre B):)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn. That puts a major damper on the idea.

I may have to find a distributor that has the FEGs then since AIM doesn't have them and that was my plan.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You might consider an adjustable Yaqui style belt slide if you go the Arcus route.
I can attest to both the FEG PJK 9 HP and the Arcus 94 as being great buys,and aside from the holster issue,the Arcus is worth owning.
I'll post a question at FN High Power on holsters for the Arcus and see what comes up.:cool:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That may be my only option.

I hate owning a pistol I couldn't lug around with me if I wanted to for a lack of a holster.

Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Howdy,

I have a molded Glock holster for a model 17 (made by Glock) and My Arcus fits it nicely. The strap had to be strained just a little but soon conformed. So... mabey a look at Glock holsters. The Arcus is very angular and a boxie squared slide as the Glock. My Arcus is a shooting machine and is EQUAL to my Hi-power in accuracy. It is a well made gun. I would get it if I had to carry Mexican style.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Allie:
Have you ever been to that pawn shop over in Bothelll? I hear that they have a good selection of used firearms. I think it is called Bens Loans.

There is a pawn shop over on Aurora Ave, by the cemtary that usally has really cheap prices on firearms. My co-worker went there and said that they are super cheap.

I was looking for a used 44 magnum for under $300

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ikblair

the one in Bothell I think you are refering to is DJ's and I think highly of them-most of my guns I buy there.Ben's is in Renton and they also have a really nice selection and nice people.I've never been to the one near the Cemetary (..and Putz Golf?) unless you're refering to Butch's,which I've been to,but don't frequent.
Cascade Pawn up north in Lynnwood is also another nice place to look for selection and good service.
I believe last I was at DJ's they had a SBH .44 Mag in the low $300 range that they'd probably come down on;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good news on the 225 holsters

I've been wanting to get a holster for my Arcus compact but not sure what would fit.

Does the Arcus fit close enough to the 225 to work in a molded Kydex holster like the Fobus?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Re: Good news on the 225 holsters

GAC said:
I've been wanting to get a holster for my Arcus compact but not sure what would fit.

Does the Arcus fit close enough to the 225 to work in a molded Kydex holster like the Fobus?
Probably not. Kydex is pretty unforgiving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts