1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I carry my Kimber Eclipse Pro in a Rafter S IWB holster when I carry it, or a S&W 637-2 in a Crossbreed Supertuck at other times. The Crossbreed is very comfortable to use, forget that I have it on. I have been considering a different holster for my Kimber, and was wondering if the Sparks holsters are that much more comfortable, etc for the amount paid. I am considering the VM-2, or the Summer Special 2, which looks somewhat like the Rafter S that I wear. So some of you that have used a Rafter S and then went to Sparks, is there that much difference in the holsters, or what about a Crossbreed even. I know the Kimber is heavier that the S&W and would make a difference. I dont mind spending the money if its worth it to upgrade, etc. I know there are so many different holsters, etc. that it makes my head pain when I start looking. If it helps, I am 6', right at 210, little fluffy around the middle.Thanks again!!

·
Registered
879 Posts
The MS VM2 is a 6 month wa-t right now. If you don't mind them having your $$ for that long and no holster, that might be the way to go. Not for me though. Some guy was asking $250 for a new one on ebay the other day. I'm probably gonna get a Supertuck at some point as well.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I would do a search for threads on Rafter S and see what feedback there is.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I have some Rafter S and Sparks belts and holsters. There is no comparison in quality between the two. Sparks is the best hands down. I don't know if you have Rafter S belts but their belts will not fit Sparks holsters without forcing them on. They are cut slightly larger than Sparks. Except for a few exceptions they do not charge your card until they ship your stuff. You can read about it on their website.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I carry a Kimber SIS Pro, among other guns, and with a heavy all steel gun the Sparks VM2 is the way to go. The extra stability of having the loops offset to the sides makes carrying a heavy gun easy. I've used a lot of different IWB holsters over the years and the VM2 is the best I've ever used. And since you already have a holster for your Kimber that you can keep using, just order your VM2 and the 6 months will pass before you know it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have them both for my Kimber Compact SS. Quality wise, hands down on VM II, comfy.... IMO depending on how high/low the pistol rise that you are comfy with, I like high rise so the Rafter S feel much comfier for me when wearing at 3' Oclock, the VW II feel better at 4 due to it lower and wider. By the way, I'm 5'10" 175lbs w/o beer belly.

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
I'd buy a Sparks every time.

If you would do a search on RafterS, you'll find that their business practice has not been very stellar.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but Milt Sparks doesn't bill my credit card until the order ships.
Ok. I was unaware of that. The guy on ebay said he was selling it new because he'd sold his 1911 between ordering the holster and receiving it. I would have tried to cancel the order, maybe he intended to resell it all along.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but Milt Sparks doesn't bill my credit card until the order ships.
I have ordered from Sparks several times and the have NEVER charged my card until the order ships.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have ordered from Sparks several times and the have NEVER charged my card until the order ships.
Right. I figured it was that way with pretty much everybody. I just didn't want to speak in absolutes because there may be certain specialty items that require pre-payment or a down-payment.

I'm presently in the queue for the fourth time and I've only been carrying three years. :biglaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts