1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is out there that I can buy to spray into a Holster to alow my 1911 TLE RLII to slide in and out of the holster a little better??

·
Registered
692 Posts
Chief: Whatever you do, don't use silicone spray. Any one of the custom holster makers can sell you their version of the product that is applied to the inside of the holster. Silicone spray will soak into the leather causing it to loose its retention and will also soften it. The correct product will help the gun glide out of the holster but does not effect the leather like silicone does.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies....I'll be ordering some of that next week.....Take care and Be safe...Tom:)

·
Premium Member
9,045 Posts
One thing you also might try if your holster is a bit tight; put your weapon in a plastic bag (start out thin and increase thickness as needed) and put it in the holster. Let it sit for a few hours, then try a few draws. This stretches the holster just a fraction, worked for me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
master gunner said:
One thing you also might try if your holster is a bit tight; put your weapon in a plastic bag (start out thin and increase thickness as needed) and put it in the holster. Let it sit for a few hours, then try a few draws. This stretches the holster just a fraction, worked for me.

Thanks I'll try that now.....The gun fits snug, I have practiced drawing this weapon several hundred times, to the point where my wife yells at me for standing up during commercial's and making here crazy!:rock:

I keep telling her to buy me the Warrior for Christmas then I won't have to do all this!!! :biglaugh:

She is getting close to buying that crap!!!:)

Tom

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Hyde-Glyde "For the smooth move" www.c-rusty.com Faster delivery than for Leather Lightning too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
WPD80:
As indicated above, you can certainly buy the products for that purpose marketed by Rusty or Mitch Rosen. I'm not trying to discourge that but would like to put in my 2 cents worth on the silicone spray issue. I've used pure silicone spray (found at most any hardware store) on the interior of holsters for years without any ill effects. It's the kind that looks kinda like rubbing alcohol when you spray it on your palm, dries fast and leaves your hand feeling dry but slick. In my experience, it doesn't hurt the leather (unless maybe you saturated it), it doesn't hurt the gun, it's very inexpensive and doesn't stain.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I stand corrected. If Matt Delfatti says its ok to spray Silicone spray on a holster than it most definitely is. I only went by the information I was given in the past. Thank you for setting the record straight.

·
Registered
332 Posts
NJ1108 said:
I stand corrected. If Matt Delfatti says its ok to spray Silicone spray on a holster than it most definitely is. I only went by the information I was given in the past. Thank you for setting the record straight.
While I appreciate your confidence in me :) , I'm not claiming to be an expert on silicone. Rather, I'm just reporting my experience with it. I've never had it soften a holster but I only use a little at a time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an IWB kydex holster from comp-tac. That and a little armor all and you have a tuckable, IWB that can move fast if need to, yet still remains in good retension of the gun in daily movements.

I never thought I would use a kydex holster in daily life (or other than IDPA) but comp-tac has changed my mind. And in both cases when I ordered one, they were in my house within 1 week...... using regular shipping !!!

david1911

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts