1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lou, How do I stop my new Galco under the belt holster(I'm using the proper size Galco belt 1 3/4") from squeaking? If it does'nt stop soon I may have to put it out of my misery! Thanks, Ray Rinehart

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
C. Rusty Sherrick http://www.c-rusty.com makes/markets HYDE GLYDE that will help with the squeak. It also slicks up the inside of holsters and magazine pouches.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
624 Posts
Ditto on the Hyde Glyde. It might take a couple of applications, but it should stop the squeaking.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't think I've seen this posted. Does Hyde Glyde protect the holster if your a heavy sweater? I sweat a great deal and could see the holster becoming saturated easily. Does it do anything to keep leather from bleeding?

Thanks,
Tim

[This message has been edited by TimW (edited 06-05-2001).]

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
TimW, I don't know if it will stop holster bleeding or not but Rusty suggests buffing it into the surface of holsters/belts/magazine pouches.

Check with Rusty, another one of the good guys making holsters.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I couldn't agree more about the Hyde Glyde. Stuff works great! I also use it on some of my fancy leather shoes that cringe at the thought of kiwi.

·
Registered
624 Posts
TimW, I think Hyde Glyde would definetely help in sealing the outside of the holster.
It sure can't hurt anything, and it will give a beautifully soft sheen.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts