1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Thunderwear-style holsters or shoulder rigs, are there any holsters for someone who wears sweat pants or gym shorts without a belt? I've seen most of the fanny packs designed for carry but I'm not crazy about those, either.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Well, there are paddle holsters that don't need a belt but one would help hold them in place. Any of the Alessi holsters with the Talon clips work fine without a belt. Lou and Tony (at Milt Sparks) came up with the Watch-6 Talon, a nice IWB holster using the clips, no belt needed at all.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 05-22-2001).]

·
Registered
114 Posts
The Alessi Talon clips do work very well without a belt - However, the biggest factor in "how well" they work is how much weight are you trying to hang on. I don't have any trouble with my Pocketlite Mustang not draging down elastic topped shorts. However, my Beretta Mini Cougar (35oz full) will drag down shorts that don't have some substance to the waist band.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim and Chuck,

Appreciate the suggestion. I called Milt Sparks to see what he thought about using the Watch-6 with an HK Tactical. I was told I'd have to send the gun in to have it custom made, so I probably won't go that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts