1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Uh um, what picture?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can't make anything out without a focused picture?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to get a better pic. I may have to try a different camera.

I tried for about 30 mins to get a pic that would show the area clearly. Sadly this pic is the best I could get.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Missouri Mule said:
No tripod and what is macro mode?
I'm open to ideas....
Is the camera auto-focus? If so, the waves it uses to detect the distance to the object are missing the object and boucing off the background. Try disabling the auto-focus to manually focus the camera.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just take the picture from further back, I think clarity will let the crack show better than it being out of focus. try to take the picture outdoors in plenty of natural light, hopefully without shadows and see if that works.

We may not be able to help you with the cracked frame, but we'll have you freelancing for Time-Life in short order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
photo shoot

Could try a dark colored towel for the back ground, rolled up so that is at the same height as the top of the frame. Stack some books up to hold the camera on to take the shoot.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
You could boogie on down to the nearest autoparts store or auto machine shop and purchase a two can set of aluminum crack finder. You clean the area, spray on a dye, wipe area down again then spray on a catalyzer. If a crack is present it will show up by the colored line which is the dye/catalyzer compound.

·
Registered
80 Posts
pascalp:

That's a wild looking HAMMER, you have.
Mind me asking what brand it is?

Can't say I've ever seen that one.

Thanks,
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
319 Posts
That hammer came on my last Wilson CQB compact... but haven't seen it as a listed Wilson item - anyone know where to get them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
happy new year.

you're right Critter, it's belong to my STI Trojan.

It was just an example of "macro" pic done with a scan, i hope never see a crack there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts