1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much searching I finally was able to find a pristine 13-3, 3". No box or papers, but truly a sweet revolver. I had looked for a long time. They are scarce but not impossible to find. A friend of mine spotted it at the gun show and minded the store until I could get there to retreive it. Here is a couple of pictured for your viewing pleasure.

With kind regards,

Chuck

· Registered
842 Posts
What do you want that moldy old thing for?

Send it and 25.00 to my house and I will take care of it :biglaugh:

VERY NICE FIND

Congrats

· Administrator
17,797 Posts
Simply SUPERB! :)

· Registered
1,492 Posts
xx78 said:
Deleted double post :)

xx78,

You have one of the origional FBI revolvers!!! Great find for you. I have one version in stainless steel. Hang on to it as S & W doesn't make'em anymore.

You might get more infor if you contact Smith and Wesson and give them the serial number. At least you can find out when it was manufactured.

rimfire,22

· Registered
34 Posts
Jesus! I'm jealous.
Nobody asked the big question, "How much did you part with?"

It's a good friend that sees a score like that and holds the fort while you hit the ATM. Good teamwork. Get that guy a beer.
sgbenny

· Registered
719 Posts
rimfire said:
xx78,

You have one of the origional FBI revolvers!!! Great find for you. I have one version in stainless steel. Hang on to it as S & W doesn't make'em anymore.

You might get more infor if you contact Smith and Wesson and give them the serial number. At least you can find out when it was manufactured.

rimfire,22
rinfire,22
I wish the 13-3 were mine, alas its GCT00427's revo. Unless he wants to give it to me :biglaugh:

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. To say I am tickled is an understatement. Since I never plan on selling I will tell you what I paid. $310.00 out the door. That is a great price as they are going for closer to $500 now. I also have a 65-3. These 3" K frames are great guns. Here is a couple of pictures of the 65-3.

Take care,

Chuck

· Registered
806 Posts
GCT00427, I also have a 3"model 65. I have a couple 4" but they seem to handle a lot differently. To me, one inch makes quite a bit of difference in the handling and balance characteristics of the K frame. :)

· Registered
806 Posts
PanchoVilla said:
Now that looks like a serious combat revolver!
I think the very same thing. I think it a classic combat revolver if ever one was made. No other company makes one like it or ever did, IMHO:)
A fine combat weapon. :)

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for the kind comments, Yes they are definately great combat revolvers. I just need to get on the stick and pick-up another set of Aherns' girps for the 65. I robbed the grips from the 65 for the 13. It is amazing how they have darkened from new. They are still beautiful. These are my favorite grips.

With kind regards,

Chuck

· Banned
4,085 Posts
Chuck... this is so funny... how you and I seem to be living such parallel lives in so many ways. Congrats on the pristine 13. As you may recall, I found mine (LNIB, yet) at a local gunshow. I think I paid $325 for it. About a year ago. I don't give mine much use, but consider them (I have two) to be among the most beautiful and wonderful S&W's I own... here they are:

Stock condition:

With Ahrends (pardon the tacky looking sight paint... it helps my old eyes pick up the black sight against black targets.)

Here's my other one... a Brad Lewis Custom DAO

And like you, Ahrends finger groove grips are my favorite! They fit like they were made for my hand.

Enjoy that beauty of yours... are you planning to shoot it much?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.