1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the jackpot...just acquired the most magnificent BHP .22 conversion kit I've ever seen....a German built Peters Stahl unit, all steel. no alloys...imported back in the 70-80's. The machine work and tolerances are incredible. Feel like I just found the "Holy Grail" of conversion kits...haven't shot it yet....anyone else familiar with these?

·
Administrator
13,316 Posts
Is that a Pachmayr import in a wood box with a sliding lid ? If so , they appear to be well machined and such . But they require some very careful fitting .
The few that I saw in use weren't very reliable . Possibly not fitted properly ?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
...no sliding lid, not a Pachmayer, unless they imported these from Stahl? It's in a hinged wooden box, made by Peters Stahl/Germany. Tight fitting slide, will need some custom fitting....same company that makes multi-caliber 1911's

http://www.sportingguns.com.au/Pistols/PeterStahl/PeterStahl.html

I've had one of their multi-caliber 1911 sets for about 10-12 years...first class workmanship. If the BHP works as well as my 1911, I'll be more than pleased.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 round capacity, They have inserted what looks like a magazine from another .22 auto into the standard HP unit, it's pushed up against the HP feed lips which may be rolled in to keep from squirting out the top. A spring behind the inserted magazine is kept in place with the stock floor plate. Rather simple and effective. Too bad it's not a double or triple stacker....probably would hold 25 rounds or more.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
The Peters Stahl units were imported and sold by Pachmayer, I believe they sold @ 300 of them in 1984. They are excellent units, but do require fitting to operate correctly. They were sold in a wooden box with a sliding lid. On the 4 examples I have seen, there were 3 different adjustable sight assemblies. I have seen these units sell as high as $400. Neither Pachmayer or Peters Stahl has replacement parts, so be carefull & treasure the one you have! If I may ask, what was the price on your conversion?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The fellow that found this for me gave about $600-700 for his unit some time ago...he secured this one for me at $575. Like most things that are hard to find, price really wasn't a factor, I'd have gone higher...more interested in the workmanship and quality.

As far as parts availability, I've been in email contact with Stahls regarding some accessories for another unit...maybe I should check to see what the story is on these.

Stahls advertises less than 1" groups at 25 yds for their 1911 .22 conversions....if this does as well I'll be all smiles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts