1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing major cosmetically, but I got a couple more internal/function things done. I installed the Aftec extractor. This mostly involved fitting the extractor to the firing pin stop. The top/side of the stop must be filed down slightly and the edges bevelled to allow the extractor to pivot on the stop. The tension on the extractor seems to be just about right. The tension can be decreased by compressing the two small springs (that provide the tension) for 20-30 seconds and then reinstalling them into the extractor.

I also put in the Nowlin pro match drop in trigger job. This is the same one I had first put in another gun to try out before this one arrived. The trigger pull is MUCH better in this gun than in the other one. I belive it is indeed close to the advertised 3.5 # and is nice and crisp. As a result, no need for a trigger job! I guess the tolerances were just slightly different between this and the other frame. The firing pin stop has already been trimmed down to allow for the adjustable sight which will be added later. That's why there's a gap above it. I know every body loves pics so here's one of the new stuff.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Isn't it great when a plan comes togather..... Life is good! Thanks for keeping us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts