1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first ever 1911 work with the help of forum members and Ed Browns book.
it started out as a stainless steel 1991A1.
the top end with Heinie sights in Carbon steel I purchased from one of the forum members. The trigger group is from Nowlin, Grip safety, thumb safety and mag release are from Ed Brown and the Match Barrel and bushing are from BCP. the grips are African Black wood from BCP. The gun shoots great and I am very happy with my work considering that only 2 weeks ago I didn't even know how to take it apart :LOL:

[This message has been edited by Shay (edited 10-08-2001).]

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Very nice I agree. But simple I would disagree as checkered housing, raised dovetailed sights, fitted solid bushing, ambi safety, beavertail safety, commander hammer, steel trigger, refinished reciever, 8 round mag w/bumper, and custom grips have been added. Did I miss anything on your girl friend Shay. Also I think it is an early 91. My 97 91 has the 91 markings on both sides of slide.

·
Administrator
74,641 Posts
Very handsome piece. All the combat-custom necessities yet almost no useless garbage hung on it. My way of building a pistol.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Shay, that looks great; almost as purty as my real one... excellent work.

Mikey

·
Administrator
74,641 Posts
Oooooooooooooo, that looks sharp. I think it looks BETTER than the factory Combat Elite, too.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The slide is a Blued 1991 A1 slide I bought from someone and the frame is a Stainless 1991A1. it is awesome lookin & shootin pistola

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
DSK my man, while I agree that it looks great, lets not go section 8 here and say it looks better than an original Combat Elite.
Originally posted by dsk:
Oooooooooooooo, that looks sharp. I think it looks BETTER than the factory Combat Elite, too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Not trying to change the subject, but how do you post pictures on the forum?

I have a 3m camera that I use for video conferencing and it takes snap shots. I save the pictures to a folder called my images, but there does not seem to be a way to retrieve them to the forum.

------------------
Hero45
NRA Member

1 - 12 of 12 Posts