1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He saw a woman on the ground fully unconscious being kicked in the head repeatedly and he decided to get involved risking his own life.

That is something that a lot of people just do not do anymore.

In the past folks on Calguns sometimes make fun of the homeless ( or worse...they do not think they deserve 2nd Amendment rights because they just don't have an address!)
but the truth is they are not ALL drug addicts, alcoholics or mentally ill.

There a lot of good ex military men and women out there and some "normal" people too. (a trend I see growing more and more.)

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...less-man-intervenes-saves-woman-under-attack/

I'm not asking for you to give them sympathy, money or even stop making fun of their sometimes rough appearance. (like this gentleman has and he probably know he has.)

I just don't think we should TAKE away anyone's inalienable rights JUST because of their current residential situation, or lack thereof.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hats off to him, but he'll probably get his gun taken away from him and end up in jail for taking a stand against crime

·
Registered
874 Posts
The homeless probably need firearms for defense as much as, maybe more than, the rest of us. I'd hope that if I lost my job, my family, and my wealth, I'd have the guile to keep stashed away some pistol for my inevitably short, painful and humbling life on the streets. Hats off the the guy in the article. Beyond military, lots of "normal" folks lost nearly everything when our overlords went bust gambling on the economy and started firing people to cut costs and keep market value.

·
Registered
908 Posts
JK-Linux....I am still smiling after reading this line of your post

"I'd hope that if I lost my job, my family, and my wealth, I'd have the guile to keep stashed away some pistol for my inevitably short, painful and humbling life on the streets."

Brilliant

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
The homeless probably need firearms for defense as much as, maybe more than, the rest of us. I'd hope that if I lost my job, my family, and my wealth, I'd have the guile to keep stashed away some pistol for my inevitably short, painful and humbling life on the streets. Hats off the the guy in the article. Beyond military, lots of "normal" folks lost nearly everything when our overlords went bust gambling on the economy and started firing people to cut costs and keep market value.
I've been privileged to read many fine posts by fellow Forum members over the years.

Yours here is one of the best of the best. Salute!!!

You might want to think about using part of your post here as your permanent Forum byline ... mine ("Freedom is only a temporary thing ...") came from one of my own posts ... Yours could too.

Again, +1911.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Kudo's to this guy for helping his fellow man (Woman) in this case.

Interestingly enough, I don't remember seeing the section of the 2nd Amendment that states it's only the right of "Propertied People" to Keep and Bear Arms.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Two notes: I hope the guy gets some kind of reward or monetary thank you. Something better than just the gunshot wound & the hospital food.

Also, the cops said 'It is best to call 911"

Call them? ---------Why? to collect the body of the soon-to-be-dead woman?

Good grief. The perp was clearly homicidal. He tried to kill the homeless guy even though his woman could ID him for it. He was straight-up nuts.

A 911 call (if a homeless guy has a phone) would have had zero value in this case.

·
Registered
23,789 Posts
It is important to understand.

That most people are only two or three bad decisions away from being homeless. People that seek to elevate or promote them selves in other ways by attacking vulnerable segments of society do not qualify as human beings in my book. I could go on.

However, so as not to go off topic. Certainly I think that ALL people have a God given right to protect themselves from harm. This being true no matter what their ZIP code might be. Human dignity is not something that is signified by high end fashion labels. As much as the advertising agencies would like for us to think so. Human dignity is a quality that comes from within. Something that one possesses, or not regardless of circumstances.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
That most people are only two or three bad decisions away from being homeless. People that seek to elevate or promote them selves in other ways by attacking vulnerable segments of society do not qualify as human beings in my book. I could go on.

However, so as not to go off topic. Certainly I think that ALL people have a God given right to protect themselves from harm. This being true no matter what their ZIP code might be. Human dignity is not something that is signified by high end fashion labels. As much as the advertising agencies would like for us to think so. Human dignity is a quality that comes from within. Something that one possesses, or not regardless of circumstances.
An absolutely superb post.:rock: The difference can be just one or two decisions; sometimes even one or two instances of whether someone receives friendship from an unexpected source at a key moment. I know ... I was fortunate.

Should be presented, verbatim, in the various presidential debates. It relates to many current issues in the U.S. today, including, but not limited to, the 2A. Anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly agree with what you've expressed should NOT be President IMHO.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have often said that I would "never let go of the P38 my father gave me when I turned 21. It will be the last physical possession I let go of."

Even without a roof I will have that P38.

Each person in the world has the right (from God) to own guns. An America, without a home, has the same rights as anyone else.

God bless this man. I'm sure God will remember his name when the time comes.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Been there, done that, have the memories. Actually had a job, a truck, camping and survival equipment. Just no home. Lived in a National Forest by a lake for two months. Had a ranger come up and advise me that if I moved camp every ten days, I could stay there forever.

He would stop in and have a beer, share some fish or squirrel.

He ended up letting me stay in a shed he had with electricity. Rent free. I stayed there for two months until I could afford deposits and rent on a mobile home. Dog was welcome there also.

If I am ever homeless I hope I still have a gun.
A gun was part of my living at that time. Squirrels and rabbits didn't walk up to camp and commit suicide. Firearms are for a lot more than self defense. Even as high as .22 bullets are, they are cheaper than steak.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I've hired homeless day laborers a few times. They squat in a canyon near the local Home Depot.

Are they legal citizens? Vets? Felons? Beats me. But they are standing in the sun trying to find WORK. They (& can-pickers) get WAY more respect from me than the folks who just ask for money on the road medians.

The first time was because I could not find ANY legitimate workers to excavate the very narrow "alley" between a house & a cliff, to put in a french drain.

It was clay soil laced with football-size river-rock throughout. Everyone I called would not bid the job because they could not get equipment in there. Nobody would do pick-n-shovel labor.

So these guys I hired from the Depot parking lot busted their butts for two days. They dug a WW1 trench around 2 flanks of the house. Drank gallons from the hose. They acted like I was Santa Claus when I brought them fast food lunches.

Ended up with a several yard size pile of dirt & enough rocks to fill a small pool. Very very impressive.

I paid them well & dropped them at the lot. They drifted back into the canyon. & I sure hope they were armed with at least a shank because the others in that Hooverville knew they had money now.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
If the report is accurate -

then this is the perfect example for gun ownership. It demonstrates that gun enthusiasts are not loonies - as this level headed man intervened and saved a woman from tragedy. This will not likely be newsworthy - but if she'd been killed it would have been a major news story!!

I love - just love - reading stories like this!!

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
I think that if she had been killed because the hero was not there it would have been the same news "non-event" as the 9,000 other yearly homicides of non-famous people.

It's the Homeless Guy aspect that gives the story some legs.

Some regular woman killed by her abusive lover isn't news. It's just statistical data.

People want to read interesting stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
If he isn't already, he will be in jail for doing what the police are not doing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts