1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Ron-

PCS makes an excellent horizontal mag holder for the 1911.
However it is leather.

We stock a few in black that go for $58.00 plus S&H.

Regards,

M

·
0 Posts
Try any of the online Police Supply houses and you'll find more to choose from then you might imagine.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ya know, I've been looking for one of these for some time and I've yet to find anything suitable. Unfortunately, I'd like mine for my dutybelt and looks are just as important as function. This has been the biggest crux.

A word on the "universal" holds-everything: They don't. Of course they hold a mag/light/knife/tool, but they don't fit any of them particularly well and I've been very disappointed with the construction.

There was one leatherworker that was making horizontal pouches, but I can't recall his name. What really struck me as powerful is that he rotated the magazines 90* on the long axis so that they stack like a deck of cards. This way, you could have four magazines (1911) in a pouch that didn't exceed the width of your standard duty belt. Awesome idea, but I need something in kydex.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Uncle Mike's makes the belt loop on theirs so you can wear them up right or at a 90. Nylon with removeable straps about $25 for the duel double stack they have single stacks also.But not sure of their price. I use them for IDPA and combat shoots no straps haven't lost a mag yet during the run & gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts