1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a product that I would like to share with all pistol people. It is a mag holder that fits on 1-2" belts, made of heavy-duty stretch nylon, holds all 9mm, 40 cal., 10mm,or 45 cal. mags. Comfortable, concealable, durable, and moisture resistant. I got mine from:
G.R.S. Co.
208 Derby Ct.
Joelton, TN. 37680
1-800-628-1585
I carry 2 extra mags anytime I have my Champion with me. A friend ordered 2 for his Glock 40 cal. and loved them from day one. Try 'em, you'll like 'em.

[This message has been edited by Bear One (edited 07-11-2001).]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Originally posted by Bear One:
I have found a product that I would like to share with all pistol people. It is a mag holder that fits on 1-2" belts, made of heavy-duty stretch nylon, holds all 9mm, 40 cal., 10mm,or 45 cal. clips. Comfortable, concealable, durable, and moisture resistant. I got mine from:
G.R.S. Co.
208 Derby Ct.
Joelton, TN. 37680
1-800-628-1585
I carry 2 extra mags anytime I have my Champion with me. A friend ordered 2 for his Glock 40 cal. and loved them from day one. Try 'em, you'll like 'em.
Sounds interesting, anyway you could post a pic? Is there a website we can see these at?

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, fellows, it's just a piece of heavy duty black stretch nylon that your belt and mag fit in. The belt goes through, tighten up as normal, then place the mag inside. The mag rides on the outside of your belt. No big deal. Just simple, common sense.

Tact is the ability to jump into troubled waters without making a splash.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
holds all 9mm, 40 cal., 10mm,or 45 cal. clips.
I'd be interested in seeing that...

I have seen clips for 30-06, and 223, and even some 7.62 caliber battle ammo, I suppose the 223 strippers would hold 9mm but could never see a point in doing such a thing. Can't say I have seen any clips in 40 S&W/10mm... And 45's have typically been Full & Half moon's...

So how does a MAG holder hold CLIPS?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Seriously... I do prefer to carry my mags horizontal in a Double on the strong side in a Duty Rig, but I think for CCW, it'd end up putting the mag somewhere I wouldn't normally carry a mag, like to the weak side rear, since that is about my only "flat" long, open area that would remain concealed.

I have considered it before, and might be interested in checking into this a little closer...

Thanks! and sorry for the previous post... Just a Pet-Peave, for those still wondering...

Clips hold cartridges, and charge magazines... Magazines hold cartridges, to charge the chamber...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jaydee,

Sorry, but as you can see, I'm from the South, and everyone knows that we're backward. Some of my friends call'em clips, and some call'em magazines. However, we all know where that thing that holds our bullets goes.
Seriously, the mag holders I've described are just a few bucks, try one, bet you like it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Side Armor makes very versitile mag carriers for 1911's in Kydex (www.sidearmor.net)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mayonaise,

I checked out the Kydex Side Armor mag holder on their web site. Thank you, but I'll stick with the Ghost Rider System. I think I paid $4.00 for mine. (It may have been $5.00, I'm not sure.)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Mayonaise,

I checked out the Kydex Side Armor mag holder on their web site. Thank you, but I'll stick with the Ghost Rider System. I think I paid $4.00 for mine. (It may have been $5.00, I'm not sure.)
Well, you get what you pay for.

------------------
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? - Thomas Jefferson

[This message has been edited by Mayonaise (edited 07-09-2001).]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mayonaise,

I know you get what you pay for, but if you haven't seen the Ghost Rider System, I think you should check out at least one. These are the most comfortable, concealable, well made and functional mag holders I have seen. Also, as I have mentioned, they are inexpensive (not cheap).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts