1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14,276 Posts
... generators, gasoline, propane or diesel?
Post hurricane, and pre-hurricane too, gasoline can be tough to find. When you have millions of people evacuating an area, and it seems like millions of others buying gasoline for their generators the day before the hurricane hits, gas is usually at a shortage.

Post hurricane, with power down, limiting gas stations ability to pump gas, and resupply deliveries stopped or slowed by access to the stations, and the incredible high demand as it seems everybody is trying to run a gas generator 24/7, sourcing gasoline could be a problem.

Edit to add: from your own post in the "Florida is Bracing Again" thread to emphasize my point

We got more LEO's at gas stations controlling the mayhem than a Trump Rally!

· Registered
14,276 Posts
I've had the beginnings of an idea floating around in the back of my noggin to develop some easy way of removing/storingsolar panels in a protected space when bad weather is expected.
Heck, I question if I'd be able to maneuver hurricane shutters around, from my garage, to hang them up on the windows, and if I'd have enough space in my garage to store them.

I can't imagine what it would take to remove/store solar panels that are on my roof.

The solar panel guys knock on my door perhaps quarterly, but at least every six months. After years of this going on, my wife and daughter have repeatedly "encouraged" me not to debate the value of solar panel installation with these door to door sales people.

As much as I'm not a fan of solar panels, post Hurricane Sally, only a CAT 1, on 16 Sep 20, but a storm where the eye passed directly over my neighborhood, one of the houses in the area ended up loosing a bunch of shingles off a section of their roof. They required a blue tarp for several weeks as they waited for a roofer to come, but the section with solar panels appeared undamaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts