1911Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I’m probably going to get on the wrong side of a lot of you folks, but a 1911 is not my choice for home defense or a night stand gun. A night stand gun in condition one in the drawer or on the top just hits me wrong. My nightstand gun for many years is a Sig 220 in 45ACP. There is also a short barrel Remington 870 12 gauge standing in the corner.
Now don’t misunderstand me, my Colt Officers model 3.5” is carried in a proper holster in condition one. Just can’t get my head around a 1911 (in condition 1) in a static situation like a drawer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a BerettaPx4 4" 9mm with a Veridian tac light/laser on my nightstand and next to that is my Benelli Supernova with extended mag tube and tac light with pressure pad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What is more pressing to me is what gloves are those? The look like receivers gloves lol. I assume that your PC isn't set up for just home defense?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That's what they are does the job. No, the PC is not intended for home. It's a Crye Precision JPC 2.0 with front and back level IV ceramic rifle plates. I have no side armor protection.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I either carry a PPQ or PPS daily whether home or out and about. It stays on me or in a Remora beside me. I keep 2 bedsides (one on my side and one on hers). A Benelli and AR are topped off and front and center in my safe. The homestead is fairly rural and secluded. I'll be ok.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's what they are does the job. No, the PC is not intended for home. It's a Crye Precision JPC 2.0 with front and back level IV ceramic rifle plates. I have no side armor protection.
I'll have to look into that. It makes a lot of sense.
I saw the hydration hose, and figured you hadn't set it up for home.

I just placed my order for an HRT HRAC with the AR placard. I'm still debating lvl. III+ POLY vs lvl IV ceramic. Mostly used for larping. I don't have a need for a plate carrier for work anymore. I'm thinking about joining a PD, but I need to lose some weight before I go to academy.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'll have to look into that. It makes a lot of sense.
I saw the hydration hose, and figured you hadn't set it up for home.

I just placed my order for an HRT HRAC with the AR placard. I'm still debating lvl. III+ POLY vs lvl IV ceramic. Mostly used for larping. I don't have a need for a plate carrier for work anymore. I'm thinking about joining a PD, but I need to lose some weight before I go to academy.

Very nice.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts