1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this a while, can't bring myself to shoot it. It doesn't even have a turn line on the cylinder.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those looking for a model number this would be a 6" pre model 10. I also have a snub nose pre 10 but it is far from new in the box and has seen a good deal of range duty. This is a 1953 pre 10 M&P with the old half dime sights.

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
Nice Military & Police. I also have one, a 5" that I found unfired and with the box (no docs or cleaning rod, though). Box not pictured. After several years, I finally let someone fire it this summer. Heck, how often do you get to shoot a 60+ year old gun for the very first time? ;) Not a good picture and all oil smeared, but it came to me mint in the box.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice Kamerer, and yes I have thought about shooting it. My father is in his 80's and I thought about taking it to the range with us some time for him to shoot. He also has a conceal carry license and we go to the range every time I go to visit him. Guns have always been something we have in common and both enjoy greatly. If it does get shot in my lifetime I would like him to be the first to shoot it.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
They are both beautiful revolvers.

If they ever need a "Foster Parent" in the future; call me and I will come get them !

·
Registered
428 Posts
For those looking for a model number this would be a 6" pre model 10. I also have a snub nose pre 10 but it is far from new in the box and has seen a good deal of range duty. This is a 1953 pre 10 M&P with the old half dime sights.

Both of them are absolute gems. Please do not shoot the NIB M&P Pre-10. Amazingly beautiful. I have it's twin (same barrel length and period), but one of its previous owners allowed a tiny bit of rust to develop here and there. You've very lucky to have both of those.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Okay. I am not a fan of the safe queen and you will nearly always hear me say, shoot it! BUT, not this time. I have to admit, with that so complete I actually come down on the don't shoot it side this time.

Btw, that is a beauty and with the box and all, just too cool for words.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Those are some beautiful Smiths! Thanks for sharing.

Logictox,
That is a fine and noble sentiment you have for the first shot.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've had this a while, can't bring myself to shoot it. It doesn't even have a turn line on the cylinder.
And may I ask what this safe queen will do for you when you are pushing up daisy's. It will be too late then to shoot. I have a pristine Python that gets shot regularly. I'll even provide a picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
And may I ask what this safe queen will do for you when you are pushing up daisy's. It will be too late then to shoot. I have a pristine Python that gets shot regularly. I'll even provide a picture.
Don P I was just wondering what year Python is?

Clyde

·
Registered
231 Posts
1947 m&p

Got this brand new a few months ago.

1947 M&P. Never fired, before I got it.

Took it home and shot it. Shoot it all the time now. Why?

BECAUSE IT'S A GUN AND THAT IS WHAT THEY WERE BUILT FOR!!!!!!

Too nice to shoot my hiney. Like a Ferrari is too nice to drive. Give me a break. Not shooting a gun is like consigning it to the darkest regions of hell. Skilled craftsmen toiled over these classic arms so we could shoot them, not rub them with a diaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts