Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uniform finish, wrong mag, wrong slide stop,
other than that it looks great
LOL

·
Administrator
73,850 Posts
Refinished or not

The proof lies within the inspection stamps, bullet ramp, and grip screw bushings. Unfortunately there are no close-up pictures of any of those.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Johnny Peppers said:
Has anyone noticed who is selling the Colt?
badair, Carrolton, Tx..............I believe it is Bill Adair, so it could be a refinish, but it it is Bill's gun and it has been redone, I believe he would have included that info in the description.

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
surprise surprise!

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,305 Posts

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the extreme lack of response on this thread is because a favorite gunsmith of many forumites is selling the pistol.

This is not the first time this seller has sold a restored product and claimed it was original, fyi.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I looked at his other items for sale ( 1911 manuf. 1914 and it looks great) and also noticed the serial no. is consecitive to mine,his #99511 mine is 99512. If I had the money laying around I'd bid but I cant run with the big dogs. Just how unique is owning consecitive #'s ? Do any of you ? And yes mine looks as good as his. I'll keep track of this auction , I might now learn the true value since my guns are always "junk"and other peoples (pro's) are valued gold.

·
Premium Member
15,680 Posts
Bladeandbarrel said:
I believe the extreme lack of response on this thread is because a favorite gunsmith of many forumites is selling the pistol.

This is not the first time this seller has sold a restored product and claimed it was original, fyi.
Very disappointing if true.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I would be surprised if he would compromise his name by selling something that was redone as if it were original. He has too much to loose and so little to gain.

The wording is a bit suspecious and unclear. The pistol does look a bit fishy, but hard to say for sure. I will give the benefit of the doubt until I know much more. Has anyone sent a request for more details or more pictures?

·
Administrator
73,850 Posts
There are folks here who know him personally. Why not simply ask him?

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a tip: In his auctions he never says "Original" finish. Just "collector grade" or "90% finish"

I would love to have a nice 1914 Colt like his other auctionbut I wouldn't buy anything from him unless I could see it with my own eyes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts