1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just acquired a Para/Colt 1911. It has a Para alloy frame and a bunch of colt government model parts. I have 3 13 round magazines for it. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I have.

After searching around online, I think I've narrowed it down to the P13·45RR ... sound right? is it difficult to acquire magazines for this gun?

·
Registered
855 Posts
If you have a Para frame with a Colt Government slide then you have a custom gun that is similar to the factory Para-Ordnance P14-45. The original magazines for the Para-Ordnance P14-45 had a metal base plate and only held 13 rounds. They later improved the magazine design with a slightly longer magazine tube with a plastic or polymer base plate which held 14 rounds. Any magazine for a P14-45 will work with the full size Para-Ordnance frames. If you live in a state that does not prohibit you from owning or importing high capacity magazines, there are places on the net were you can find them at prices ranging from $75-$100. You can find some at this web address: http://www.shootersconnection.com/ , check under "Chuck's Deals".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks again Paten ...

the magazines I have do indeed have a metal base plate ...

what is the difference between a P13 and a P14?

They improved the magazine design for 14 rounds but the frame/receiver is the same, so I could get the 14 round magazines for my gun, right?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Originally posted by laspozas:
thanks again Paten ...

the magazines I have do indeed have a metal base plate ...

what is the difference between a P13 and a P14?
The P13 has a slightly shorter grip. So it only has a 13 round magazine. It also has a shorter dustcover for the shorter length slide.

They improved the magazine design for 14 rounds but the frame/receiver is the same, so I could get the 14 round magazines for my gun, right?
Right. You can also get the 15 round magazines that come with the extended baseplates. Those are the ones available at the link above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts