1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six or so years ago, the infamous "disgruntled ex-employee" returned to a business about a mile from my home and killed five people. So ...

How close is your means of self-defense right now?

(Edit: The shooter also committed suicide, as they often do.)
------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

[This message has been edited by jpwright (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
1 foot from my right hand.

Moving to "Tactics and Personal Defense"...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><>> One is two inches from my strong hand. another is within arms lenth. Another is ten feet from me. I'm not paranoid. Why should I be? I have guns all around me. raspy

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Guys, no offending intention. But do you all carry a gun(s) around while inside your own home? What do your S.O. and kids say, and how do they feel?

I think it's a good idea to always be prepared. I personally wish I could do that but don't want to spark any disagreement amongst family members, especially when we have guests.

I just place my guns at certain places so I know exactly where to go to when needed.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Wit, idealy your kids will have been raised around guns so it should be no big deal to them. Your significant other, and guests may be another matter. If your S.O. understands why you have a gun in the first place, then she must understand that if you can't get that gun when you need it, then there's no sense in having one. Explain that it is for everyone's protection in your family that you have a gun readily available.

Guests don't need to know you're packin' if you follow the same CCW precautions that you would take on the street. If they see that you are printing, and they are offended, it's a great way to introduce them to the rational realizations of responsible gun ownership. You may convince them - you may not - but I wouldn't put my gun away just because it wasn't PC, especially in your own home.

My .02 cents...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
First of all it is on my right hip

Second I agree with Shane's last post.

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In my waistband and never leaves me unless I'm sleeping in which it is within arms reach away.I send my wife to the post office if needed and it's legal to carry in bars/restarants.And yes...it even sits on the sink while I'm on the crapper.Never leave yourself vulnerable.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><>> I think a lot of people make a misteak by not carrying in the home. It's like some people have security systems in their home, but when they get home and are going to be in the house, they shut the system off. Just because you are home is no reason to let down your guard. raspy

·
Registered
332 Posts
yeah, mine's sitting on top of the scanner cocked-n-locked. i don't really like to wear the paddle (probably cause my gut gets in the way), so i may buy a nice shoulder rig. any suggestions? thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Originally posted by Wit:
Guys, no offending intention. But do you all carry a gun(s) around while inside your own home? What do your S.O. and kids say, and how do they feel?

I think it's a good idea to always be prepared. I personally wish I could do that but don't want to spark any disagreement amongst family members, especially when we have guests.

I just place my guns at certain places so I know exactly where to go to when needed.
1.Yes, if im wearing clothes im armed, it`s just like puttin on shoes for me..

2. If you want to not do something to avoid a disagreement, or offending others thats your buisness..

3. Stashing guns around the house isn`t my idea of safe, and would think that would cause more disagreement,offence, & criticism, than having a weapon on your person..
-Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sorry if this offends but, it's my house, I pay the motgage, I pay the taxes, if you, or anyone else for that matter, does not like tha fact that I have foreaems and am prone to carry them in my house, you are always welcome to leave.

Respectfully,
Steve

------------------
"Not having thought what should have been thought, not having said what should have been said, not doing what should have been done, I beg thee forgive me, O Father." paraphrase from the 13th Warrior

1 - 17 of 17 Posts