1911Forum banner
3161 - 3180 of 3217 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The staff would also be interested in how you found this forum. Please reply below if you wish .
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff
I am 78 but just starting shooting. I had "plastic guns" but don't like them. I have 4 1911 and love them except I have a hard time putting the slide stop in the "hole" without scratching the gun Is there a 1911 by any manufacturer that reputably has a very user friend stop slide that can be inserted easily. I really know that operator error is the cause but be that as it may. i am good with the 1911 at 20-40 feet, both 45 Cal. ACP and 9mm (2 Kimbers and 2 Springfields, 5 inch barrels. Thank You

·
Registered
185 Posts
I googled words: loose 1911 grip safety. This forum came up. It looks like great place to learn more about 1911 pistols. I did enjoy reading book entitled "The Forgotten Soldier." 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
The staff would also be interested in how you found this forum. Please reply below if you wish .
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff
New member from Ohio, read several forum posts re: 1911's and wanted to be more involved. I admit it, I'm prejudiced towards 1911's. My experience with 1911's began with the Army 40+ years ago and my love for the platform has matured and improved. My current love interest is a custom Colt 38 Super Race Gun. My first love is a 75%+ matching 1913 U.S. Army. And I have many other loves between these 2. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Folks, found the forum on search engine while searching for information about 1911 reloads.
Been shooting regularly 15 years. a couple time back in my days of Boy Scouts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been a member since last February, and early in the month I bought a DW 09 Marksman 45 ACP, and was looking for info on any 1911.
Googled 1911, and found about five websites that really interested me, was a Guest on all of them for about 7 days.
From the info, and friendship I seen on here. So I joined this one. Thanks to all The Staff and Members for making this the forum it is............:rock::rock:

Clyde
thank yo Clyde I was just checking some 1911 info and found your site I belive its always great to have others points of view

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff
The 1911Forum always comes up when I search for anything about 1911. it was helpful since a lot of realistic information comes from people's experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am 78 but just starting shooting. I had "plastic guns" but don't like them. I have 4 1911 and love them except I have a hard time putting the slide stop in the "hole" without scratching the gun Is there a 1911 by any manufacturer that reputably has a very user friend stop slide that can be inserted easily. I really know that operator error is the cause but be that as it may. i am good with the 1911 at 20-40 feet, both 45 Cal. ACP and 9mm (2 Kimbers and 2 Springfields, 5 inch barrels. Thank You
Cabot makes one. Their guns are on the pricier side, though.

I came here from a random DuckDuckGo search. Glad I found the place.

3161 - 3180 of 3217 Posts