1911Forum banner
3181 - 3200 of 3217 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came across this site while looking over sites with WWII 1911 A1's. I've had two modern 1911's for some time now. I recently have delved into the Mil. Surp. area. Well as far as hand guns anyway. I have been doing the long guns for years. Always wanted a WWII 1911 A1 but didn't like the $$$ associated with them. Well I've jumped in the deep end of the pool. Found a 1944 Remington Rand at a favorite pawn shop. Its in very good shape, came with a model 1916 Sears 42 holster, Model 1910 (6th variation) pistol belt and a medical pouch and 1 Scovill mag and one without markings. Here's the real kicker. The very next day I was perusing the Guns International site and saw another Remington Rand 1944. It looked even better than the one I had just purchased and cheaper. There was 10 hrs left and it had 0 bids. I put in a bid of $100 over the start price. Surly there would more bids. Nothing... and it ran out of regular time and started the 15 minute rule. Again I was sure there was a sniper out there. Nope! I won it and since I was the only bidder I got it for the starting price. Go figure. Waiting for my FFL to call that it's in. That just happens to be the pawn shop where I got the first one. Hoping to pick up a lot of tips and knowledge from this Forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the forum from a google search. Looking forward to some conversations on the 1911 species of “go bang” guns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was looking for another RIA 4.25 barrel 1911 and I was brought to the page .....which was great because I really love my RIA 1911.....I have a. Kimber but I love my 1911A1 GI 70 series......Its great to see so many people that like the RIA pistols....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The staff would also be interested in how you found this forum. Please reply below if you wish .
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff
Hello, I was looking for information on finding records of an old 1911A1 that I now own and found this interesting 1911 Forum, So I found this forum through a internet search engine.

Honest John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone! I’m a big forum person. Any hobby that I have I try to find boards correlating to it. Welp, I’ve always been into shooting and just put a deposit on a new Ed Brown custom build and that lead me to here. Hope to show it off in 9 months!🤣

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found the forum on Google. Have had my Grandfather's WW2 Remington Rand A1 since my Dad decided he didn't need it. My Grandfather was an Army General and had his pistol "acurized", installed really gaudy stag grips, and nickle chrome plated. He presented it to my Father when he was commissioned into the Army. Since it was already modified, I added some rubber Hogue grips and an adjustable rear sight. I did keep all of the original parts which include the original box, rear sight, original plastic grips, and cleaning rod. It's a fantastic shooter and I'm pretty sure that I've been to the range and shot it many more times than my Grandfather and Father combined. I've got a couple more .45 pistols and a semi-auto SBR Thompson so do love shooting .45s!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just trying to see if 1911s are worth having or not I've got one Argentine Molina made for the British army world war II just wondering what they're about worth and this in very good shape And that is how I found this site

·
Registered
5 Posts
The staff would also be interested in how you found this forum. Please reply below if you wish .
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff
Hello. I recently purchased a Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm Target.
As soon as I got it home I found the mag release took too much effort to operate and you couldn't insert a mag without pressing the mag release. I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it. Then at the range it had some extractor issues.
I Googled 1911 issues and found this forum 🙂

·
Registered
344 Posts
Google is the King of search... I was looking for a forum which carries Staccato posts.. and voila! Here I'm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff
Hello. I had some issues with my brand new Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm Target. The mag release was very hard to operate, and you couldn't insert a magazine without pressing the mag release. I also had some extractor issues. So I Googled 1911 issues and this forum popped up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this forum when doing a google search. It kept coming up so I checked it out. Have been an occasional visitor lurking up to this point. Wealth of info a civil discourse makes it easy to return.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I found it online while searching for a bigger money pit than motorcycles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff
I received an email advertising this site and as a combat veteran and strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment I thought this would be interesting. Thank you for the invite.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I was doing a online search for speedloaders for the Charter Arms Bullpup in .45acp and found this form. I'm a big 1911 fan with several Springfilds in my collection.

3181 - 3200 of 3217 Posts