1911Forum banner

How did you find us ?

2M views 3K replies 3K participants last post by  BullyTx 
#1 ·
The staff would also be interested in how you found this forum. Please reply below if you wish .
Thanks all!

Take care,

1911 Staff

#2 ·
I have been a member since last February, and early in the month I bought a DW 09 Marksman 45 ACP, and was looking for info on any 1911.
Googled 1911, and found about five websites that really interested me, was a Guest on all of them for about 7 days.
From the info, and friendship I seen on here. So I joined this one. Thanks to all The Staff and Members for making this the forum it is............:rock::rock:

Clyde

#3 ·
I had already been thrown off "9" nine forums, down on my luck and "depressed". :bawling:

I had tried for days to regain access to some of them by changing my "screen name", but they had my IP address and were waiting for me. :eek:

I just happened to stumble across "1911forum.com" . I was a bit worried that I would not fit in, because I only owned a "Daisy Rough Rider". So, I ran out and bought "3" Colt Series 70's. :)

I have lasted past "100" posts and I am happy. :rock:

Confession: I have owned 1911's all my adult life. I found this site by GOOGLEing "1911 Forums". This site also provided sections on other gun related topics. I hope to stay a while.

#6 ·
I'm an SEO guy myself, and I tend to think a little more highly of sites that are holding 1st page, 1st position rankings for their bread & butter keywords - that tells me a lot right off the bat! So yes, Google brought me here.

All it took was a few minutes of quick research to find out that it was a large, helpful community, and perhaps as important - I'm a HUGE vBulletin fan - it really makes a difference for me when choosing a forum. :rock:

#7 ·
Being a newbie, I was in the long process of purchasing my first 1911 and was not quit sure what I wanted. A friend of mine in Florida got me interested in 1911's and mentioned that there are gun forums. So when I came home I googled "1911" and your forum showed up. Finally purchased my first firearm this past June....Glad I have been following, reading, learning, asking questions, etc.... Tons of knowledge available from members simply by asking for their input and by reading the different threads and replies.... I have learned a lot and still a lot too learn, Thanks to the staff and all forum's members ...

John

#13 ·
I belong to another 1911 forum and THR and this forum was mentioned in several posts. I checked it out and now, I'm a member here too. I dropped the THR forum as it was too poorly moderated. This forum and the other 1911 are moderated much better.

#16 ·
Google

I recently (June) bought a New Kimber which I had a few problems with, so I googled Kimber problems & found this forum. Problems resolved, paranoia subsided, I didn't throw my $ away & I love my new 1911. The info & community here kept my interest so I finally joined. Thanks for all your help!!

#17 ·
Honestly.... I was at the shooting range, and a fellow shooter in my handgun class was showing me his Les Baer TRS. He recommended that I check out a website about 1911 handguns. It was the other website with the .org.

Lucky for me, I couldn't remember the name of the website when I got home. While searching on the internet, I stumbled across this fine forum and joined. I later found that other website which was recommended, but I prefer this forum MUCH better. :)

#18 ·
Hi all.
I really don't remember??? But In 2 days, It will be, one year and 1 month sinse I joined, but who's counting, ( 7/28/09 ) And let me say that " I have been thrown out of better places than this In the passed " I think It was Groucho Marks that said something like " I would not belong to any club that would have me as a member ":biglaugh:

I hope In the passed year + I have not stept on anyones toes, If I did, It was not my Intent to do so. And thank you for putting up with all my Bull Crap!!!

Semper Fi all. Hank.

#19 ·
i was searching google for 45 load data and 1911's and thankfully stumbled on this place i now consider my second home. great place with great people. i just want to thank the owner(s), mods, sponsors, and supporters that keep this place rolling.

#20 ·
just another young fng peeps

ok iv seen this site before several times....in my numerous searches on different 1911 questions I have.....haveing always been a gun nut...I got my hands on my springfield 1911 a1 us gi....when I was 16....I love it...but I also got my hands on a brownells catalog :):)....and I have been wanting to make a few changes..so...I came here in search for information...and from what I can see it seems I have hit the holy grail of information and 1911 nuts..any advice would be welcomed and valued....

#3,242 ·
just another young fng peeps

ok iv seen this site before several times....in my numerous searches on different 1911 questions I have.....haveing always been a gun nut...I got my hands on my springfield 1911 a1 us gi....when I was 16....I love it...but I also got my hands on a brownells catalog :):)....and I have been wanting to make a few changes..so...I came here in search for information...and from what I can see it seems I have hit the holy grail of information and 1911 nuts..any advice would be welcomed and valued....
I googled 1911 I believe and found you guys I read the emails regularly but don’t always log on but I’ll try to give more positive input great forum it’s the only one I’ve ever joined

#24 ·
I joined 3 in 2007 after doing a 1911 forum search. This is the only one I visit anymore. One was too "stuffy" and uptight. One was a ghost town.