1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a switch from 230g LRN bullets fro 200 LSWC's. Have you tried these in your TRS? If so, how did they feed, and did you notice a change in POI?

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
Feed just fine in mine. No change in POI.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
That's just about all I shoot these days.

No issues with any of my guns.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
My TRS handles them perfectly.

In fact, it eats them quite ravenously...

·
Registered
319 Posts
200 gr LSWC

Works great in my 1911s, exceptional in TRS and PII. Mine are cast H&G #68 then moly coat. No bore leading at all, but I do scrub out bore after each use.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I use Missouri bullets and Oregon trail. Both are very good. Missouri is a good bullet at a great price. I believe 500 for 36 bucks. I prefer the hard cast over the softer but that's just me.
Oh, they function great out of all my 1911's. Watch you're OAL and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not a problem in any of the Baers. The make nice holes in the NRA slow-fire targets...

·
Registered
582 Posts
I cast them straight from wheelweights. Run them at about 850 fps and there is very little leading. Work fine in all my 1911's.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
IIRC - Bill Wilson stated that they are the smoothest feeding bullet in the 1911, and one reason he uses them as test ammo in his guns. For whateveer what that's worth to you.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input. Based on your recommendations I've ordered 2,000 from Missouri Bullet Company. You guys better be right about this....

:D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Well, I've only used Precision and Proofmark LSWC and not all LSWC are the same...

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I did the switch from plated 230 gr round nose to Missouri Bullets 200 gr. LSWC a few weeks ago with my TRS. I've run about 300 rds through it with no feeding/extracting problems at all and better accuracy than I can justify from my own efforts. Plateds are great but I shoot at an outdoor range, so at less than 50% of the cost, it is hard to see why I won't stick with the LSWCs for all my practice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts